Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasili, Help? With condensed website title

Vasili,

Please take a look at my website, and tell me what happened to make the title of my index page to be so condensed. See if you see, the same thing as I do. It is not like it was. My title of my index page was spread out across the page, and it still is spread out across the page, on my layout. However, when I try to view it in my default browser, it gives me the same condensed title, that you see in the regular browser. Everytime, I try to re-publish my changed files only, it still gives me, my index page with the condensed version of my title. I need it to go back to my original page, please help me figure out what happened. Why isn't it giving me the correct version, when I re-publish. Please go to my website and tell me what you see. You can also e-mail me at: pammy53@clearwire.net, if you need to. Thank You

pammy53

Re: Vasili, Help? With condensed website title

I can see no trouble with your page title. If I may, I will give some personal thoughts about your site?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

when you viewed it, is the title of my website, streched out across the page, or is it condensed? And your personal thoughts about my website would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, for responding

pammy53

Comment

It appears to cover the page ...to me.
        Ok,..... I find the text impossible to read where it overlaps the image of Kentucky.
        There is no way would I make the effort to try to read the text.
        Also, personal opinion, I think that your navigation should be visible without having to scroll down.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Good observation, about the text, I wondered about that after I published it. I really like my background however, any suggestions as far as the text is concerned?

pammy53

Comment

Sorry it took so long to get here ..... was very busy this morning!

Quickly read the above, and decided maybe the best thing was to do something visual to demonstrate the validity of my suggestions .... what do you think about this?

(I will email you the Zipe file with the BV page and stuff so you can use any of it as you choose. Maybe before I do, I will try to get the background more "brown" than the "pinksih" it came out....was trying to somehow bridge the gap between the colors in the map and the basic color of the Certificate)

I will make a suggestion that is basic, however, Pam, and that is when you make and save pages in Blue Voda to never leave a space in between words .... to always use either an underscore like_this or to simply use a hyphen or something: this is why when you go to make your Hyperlinks, you need to also include the underscores and such --- otherwise they will not work!

You can see how this is apparent by putting your cursor over your Menu buttons you now have on your web page, and at the lower left of the browser the link will appear ... see the spaces? In the Demo I made, I "corrected" this (and changed the buttons with mouse-over effects), but you will need to go back and re-Save your pages properly.

Oh! I took the liberty to make some grammatical corrections to your Content also. Hope y0u don't mind too much.

So....tell me what you think now?
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili - you never cease to amaze me!
              Incredible!
              www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by patsy121105 View Post
                Vasili - you never cease to amaze me!
                Incredible!
                Not bad for doing everything by hand the old way, still in BV9, eh?

Actually, you make me blush!

Comment

Vasili,
                  I love what you did, it is beautiful, the delay waiting for you to answer back, was well worth the wait. I can't thank you enough. Please e-mail me at either: http://www.pammy53.com or pammy53@clearwire.net. I know that I will probably need a few more instructions to combine my details, contact me, and about me page. You are terrific, I am so surprised.

Thank You, again, and I will be waiting to hear from you.

pammy53

Comment

Delay !! She says. Delay!!
                    Post at 8.10pm and page completed 10.35pm and she says "Delay"
                    This thread should move to 'and then the fight started'!
                    Lol
                    Patsy
                    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Zip file sent.....enjoy!

PS: You cannot use your Contact Form at your website until you correct your links and pages (save as without spaces, re-publish) to even get to the page! See my post above once more.....

Comment

Thank you, so-oo much again, I will be talking to you later.

pammy53

Comment

.... and on we go!

Comment

I published another version ... made it look more like a "coal" website theme > www.VodaTips.com/flat_rock_demo_2.html

Am I bad or what???

If you like this better, I can always simply send you the background and show you which standard colors I used and where....

Comment

Vasili,
                              I just finished the first layout, and I was just getting ready to save it as my index. html page, when I decided to go see if you had posted yet, and I went I went and had a look at your 2nd flat rock demo 2. html. And yes you are bad, however, do you think I might use that layout with the coal surronding the details on my details page. If I can, can you work out the page layout again for me? I really liked the way, the coal surronded the page, that is if your up to it. I'll be looking for your next post. Thanks pammy53 talk to you later!

Comment

Working...
                              X