Tables Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tables Problem

I have a slight problem that I have stumbled acrossed while using tables in bluevoda. I noticed that when you overlap table's, and to much text is written, it stretches the table that the text is being written in, but the table behind the stretched table, I am typing in stay's at the same height allowing the front table to become longer than the back. I was needing to know how to make it so as if the table above the back table get's longer do to, to much text, so will the table in the back. How is this done?

~Silvess

Re: Tables Problem

Right click on the outside edge of the back table. Pull down from the middle, at the bottom of the table, until it is the same length as the front table.
    Patsy
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Yes, that work's in bluevoda's editor, but not in a published web page. When editing the code in my published web page, it can only be edited via the HTML, and when opening my HTML page back up in bluevoda, it does not display the tables.

Comment

So I guess no way of fixing this is possible huh? And this was my first impression of bluevoda. lol

Thank's for the try Patsy. Off to find another building program.

~Silvess

Comment

well you should be pasting CODE in the html box to edit and or embedded into the page.. if you are taking the page off the server and trying to edit with file manager in cpanel you have to know what you are doing and what the codes are to edit..

Its hard to say.. since you havent published exactly what you are doing or how you are achieving it. We can only GUESS as we dont have the facts or the proof. If you are editing html in bv .. its a whole different can of worms as bv didnt create the html you are using.. and you dont clarify how or where you got this coding to start with

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It's ok. Thank's alot for trying to help guy's! I already uninstalled BV earlier. Best builder EVER with a few flaws...

To be honest, I am an advanced coder myself, but was just looking for a quicker way to get websites finished then my average way. >_>
            Bluevoda is good for novices at web building, but is very heavy on the wallet. Extending tables can be a bother for larger websites considering you must ALWAYS head back over to your bluevoda editor after typing to much text, and extending a front table. Tables should be allowed to be imported inside of other tables to cause the effect of lowering one table when the other is extended. I don't know if it should be considered a "FREE" website builder considering you have to pay for whatever you build. Instead of just letting you import images from your own image account on the web, it MAKES you use one's from your computer so that only it can upload the images on it's own hosting terms. If bluevoda made you buy the builder for a hefty price, allowed you to import images from the net, and had the option to place tables inside of tables instead of just overlapping them WITH THEBUILDER, and after building a page, granting you the source code for your page to place on what ever hosting web site you chose, NOW THAT WOULD BE WORTH TONS OF CASH! I would pay over $200.00 or more to obtain bluevoda's builder if it were like that, and so would just about everyone I know. This is the best builder I have ever seen, but it has way to many money need's. My advice? Sale Bluevoda as one high priced product like photoshop, and all of those other great products someday, and THEN see how much you pull in. You know? Products like photoshop did not get as big as they did because of a monthly fee...

Bluvoda is the best builder around! Stunned when I saw it compared to any other builder, and thought for a fact it was only a trial! If Bluevoda ever becomes a single product download, I guarantee that it will be the future of of web design around the world, and it will be the first thing that comes up in google search when you type in "Website Builder". In the meantime, it will remain a high class builder, but not doing near as good as it could.

~Mike.L - From LC

Comment

You can nest tables within tables if you use html coding.. in an html box. What you lose in BV is the FLUID style page.. bv uses absolute positioning. BV cost nothing.. 7.95 a month is for hosting and not the builder.. .. no monthly charge for that..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Actually, I have tried using bluevoda as just a web site builder without having to buy hosting.

1. Images alway's must be replaced with one's already uploaded on the net which mean's having to look back in to the source code, and replace EVERY button manually. That can really be bad on the eye's, trust me.

2. Navigation bar button's can be made, and the source code can be obtained, but the text over the button's is no where to be seen in the source code.

3. Try creating a perfect website, pasting the source code somewhere on your own website, and when you need to re edit something "Such as table length", and open your web page in bluevoda, you will notice one thing. Erm...tables are now gone, and have to be completely re done. SOOO annoying, and can take more time then just placing the tables there via HTML.

They pull out everything they can to make sure you wind up HAVING to publish it via their web hosting services. Trust me, it's not free unless you know a little HTML yourself, and don't care much for destroying your eye sight. I am really not a complaining customer for ANYTHING! This is just such a great builder that it really bother's me that they went through all of this trouble just to make sure you don't use it without paying money for it in some way...
                Honestly, I love the builder. Really wish they would sell the builder on it's own. I would be more than happy to buy it if so.

Comment

Working...
                X