Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to retrieve deleted Bvp files ?

Hello friends

My website is www.mirabeltravel.ca . Few days ago my computer had some problem and my hard drive got deleted. Thus, all my bvp files are deleted but i have published everything on web and its working properly.
    But now if i have to make some changes, do i have to start from scratch or is there any way i can download the bvp files from control panel or from anywhere else to my computer so that i can edit it.
    I am in great need of your help guys. It took me so long to make that website and i dont want to start from the scratch. Please help me.

Your help will be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Attraction Passes
    Adventure Travel
    Europe Train Pass
    www.mirabeltravel.ca

Re: How to retrieve deleted Bvp files ?

Copy all your BVP files down from the server to your "new" main BV folder, and save them inside the proper folder (if beeded).
    Do the same with all the images and "bv10123" styled numbered elements, being sure they end up in your "Images" folder in BV.

When you open your recovered BV files, you may see a red "X" where a picture may be, and if so it's nopt too big a deal -- there are 2 ways to deal with it:
    1. Strip every "X'd" element off your BV page, and re-populate it with the same image (which you can find in your BV-Images folder). This will re-establish a path for the image between the source file and the BV generator, and when you re-publish, you will see no difference because the server already knows what image it is, but the path is different when loading/publishing, that's all.
    2. Simply re-publish once the pages are "confimed" positioned where you want them to be -- let the server sort out the new paths. Next time you open the file BV should show them properly.

PS: Never got the chance to let you know there are some spelling errors on your Main page...like Jamaica, and stuff...look carefully, and you will see them! Now is a good time to make corrections....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: How to retrieve deleted Bvp files ?

Thanx Vasili

You have alwayz been helpful. Thanks alot, u r the best.
      Have yourself a wonderful journey of life.

My blessings with u.
      Regards
      Attraction Passes
      Adventure Travel
      Europe Train Pass
      www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

Working...
      X