A couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions

I've been SLAVING over building my new site (my 3rd) - after realizing the web-building app supplied by the hosting company I signed with was nowhere up to the task (you'll see why in a minute), I tried four different packages and decided on VodaHost, their app was superior. Now my questions:

1. How do I get my site from 1and1.com (worst web building app EVER - spent forever with support AND they won't let you use html coding! Useless!), who is hosting now to Voda?

2. I really want RSS streams, how do I embed them on my site? I've been reading exhaustively and have a fundamental understanding, but still need help.

3. I also want a forum, not with one of the off-site hosted ones (I've got Ezboard for now). Anyone have advice? I know it seems to be a form function.

I know it's alot to ask, but I really appreciate any help.

Terri
    Terri
    www.ice-tropic.com
    www.janebondtravel.com
    www.theazfoodcritic.com

Re: A couple of questions

1) Download your site, from 1&1 and upload it via ftp to our servers. Or import your site into BlueVoda.
    2) RSS is a HUGE topic that can not be covered in one single post
    3) We provide a free phpBB forum with every account. Click the below to learn more.

phpBB forum tutorials about how to set up and configure your community with phpBB Forum

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Do you sleep??? Thanks so much for the reply, I did find some answers by trolling the forum in depth. I was thrilled to find the phpBB inbed, I've been reading about it very much. You guys are the best - nice to know out of the many hosting services I've researched, I found a truly outstanding one. I have no buyer's remorse here. Thanks.
      Terri
      www.ice-tropic.com
      www.janebondtravel.com
      www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Originally posted by jane bond
        Do you sleep??? Thanks so much for the reply, I did find some answers by trolling the forum in depth. I was thrilled to find the phpBB inbed, I've been reading about it very much. You guys are the best - nice to know out of the many hosting services I've researched, I found a truly outstanding one. I have no buyer's remorse here. Thanks.
        Just a quick note on the PHP Forum. I added mine to my site yesterday evening, it was very easy and works great. It really is just a matter of following the Tutorial.

DaveK
        Confused in Dublin

Comment

Thanks Dave!! Makes me feel better, considering all the research I did, I was afraid I had way more learning about coding!

Terri
          Terri
          www.ice-tropic.com
          www.janebondtravel.com
          www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Working...
          X