Publishing a 'ready made' website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing a 'ready made' website.

I would like to publish a new site using an existing domain (www.krcdirect.co.uk). The files for the site are from a ready made website, & I have used the ftp manager to upload the files to public_html.

What do I do now to publish these & replace existing content with these files?

Re: Publishing a 'ready made' website.

You will have to start using an html editor
    to change the details of that ready made site......

I travelled that road last year, but I gave up because the only people
    making the money are the people that you got it from in the first place.

good luck
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Open the ".txt" file that was included in the Zipped template folder to find and follow the installation instructions precisely.

Also, within the REDAME files should be the recommended utilities that allow the site/template to be edited easily.

If you do not have those software titles, alternatives can be found to allow you to get to work:
      If your site/template is HTML-based, find a Free selection of HTML editors HERE (but not Coffee Cup!)
      If your site is Flash-based (or has Flash elements in it you wish to customize), find a Free selection of Flash editors HERE
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

What's the scoop on CoffeeCup? I've used some of their products and have to say I like a couple. Wish I could get them though, lol...trial period came and went.
        HalaalPages.com
        FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

Exactly. SOME of their products do the job, and others do not. Seeing as how the present "challenge" is pretty basic, I do not suggest using a utility that requires too steep of a learning curve, nor one that assumes the User has the expertise to evaluate it's capabilities before mucking something up.

PS: Your graphic in your Signature is in violation of Forum Rules, and should be removed immediately.

Comment

I like their flash and from builder. Actually the form builder is looking kinda tempting right now to get because for some reason my bv forms are tripping. Have u used those products? If so, would you recommend? I've used and liked them very much; but then again, I haven't tried that many other softwares.

True story, I downloaded almost all of their products in one night...I felt like a kid in a candy store. But some of them were quite disappointing. My desktop is so over crowded right now, it's ridiculous, thanks to them. I used up all my energy in installing them. lol
            HalaalPages.com
            FREE Georgia Muslim Directory

Comment

I strictly post from experience, avoiding many of the problems others continually face, assuring those who turn to me that they are getting the information they deserve.

Don't forget about making your Signature comply with Forum Rules....

Comment

Thanks for your reply, & sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I was away for a couple of days.

The website I have been given has already been edited to include my details, so I don't think I need an html editor. I followed the instructions & copied the files & folders I was sent into my webspace (in public_html folder). The problem is that they are not bvd files, so when I try to open them (from my hard drive), the message 'unexpected file format' comes up.

How do I get round this?

Comment

Working...
                X