Animated clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated clips

I want to use an animated clip on my homepage...how do insert one? If I save it as a GIF and bring it in, it doesn't move.

Any advice wold be appreciated
    Casita Limonares
    Bay Watch Spain

Re: Animated clips

Are you talking about an actual video CLIP or an animated GIF?
    An animated GIF is just inserted via the "insert image" it will move when you preview in browser or publish. No Problem!
    P V WebSolutions

Comment

Originally posted by leethesign View Post
      I want to use an animated clip on my homepage...how do insert one? If I save it as a GIF and bring it in, it doesn't move.

Any advice wold be appreciated
      If you changed the size, or modified the animated GIF in any way, those changes were applied to the first "panel" of the multi-layered image file only (like a flip book or a cartoon, an animated GIF is a series of images that when "cycled" give the appearance of motion), which thus interrupts the remaining 'stacked' images in the file and prevents the scripted 'animation' from functioning.

If this is the case, you are looking at the first image in the series only, and the original effect will no longer be available.

To re-size, re-color, or otherwise modify an animated GIF, you must use an appropriate editor that is capable of editing each panel and preserving the action commands......
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi

Are you talking about the kind of animated gifs as on my kids website page? Here

When you say that you "saved it as a .gif", was it in another format originally?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunchaser View Post
          Hi

Are you talking about the kind of animated gifs as on my kids website page? Here

When you say that you "saved it as a .gif", was it in another format originally?
          Please read threads entirely before repeating questions left unanswered: until Original Poster responds to questions or supporting information, there is nothing more to "offer" other than posting to simply post (which is considered "interrupting") or to "seed" a link.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili. Our sites are in all our signatures. No one need 'seed' links - esp. not to a kids page when there are no children present, and it would be pretty pointless to use the word 'here' as a link if I were...

I was trying to help clarify with a visual - not repeating a question at all.

Comment

Sunchaser

We are all trying to help in our own different ways and we have Moderators who will keep you in line if they think that it is necessary.
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Exactly right David.
                Leethesign, hope you get your prob solved quickly :)

Comment

Wow....

yes thanks....I've got it sorted now -

I had changed the image and c*****d it up!
                  Casita Limonares
                  Bay Watch Spain

Comment

Working...
                  X