Website Search Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Search Engine

Hi all, this is my case i need to put a search engine for my website that am building how do i go about doing that all help greatly appreciated

Re: Website Search Engine

Depends on what you really want it to do, how you want it to perform, and what you are willing to accept (as many come with add-on's or other "marketing" includes).

If you are looking for Free Website Search Engines (Tools), try exploring some of these, just to stay away from Google's tool which is not truly "free" or without hidden entanglements .... if you really are in the know.....

Although not free (nor exactly cheap), my clients experience the finest on the market (which is integrated into their build for both functional continuity as well as superior performance) as I am one of the very few Mercado US Partners --- and I offer Mercado technologies at a discount. With clients including Sears, OfficeMax, Macy*s, Target and others, Mercado has proven to be the leader in more ways than one, and my client's satisfaction ratings continually break new ground!

Upcoming Mercado Webinar

Is your Web site ready for the busiest holiday shopping season ever?

Most retailers depend heavily – almost exclusively – on holiday sales to make their yearly revenue goals. Not only are the number of online shoppers increasing year over year, but the number of businesses selling online continues to grow as well. Is your online store ready for the holidays?

Forrester Research tells us that you only have 8 seconds to engage shoppers once they land on your site – make the most of this valuable time during the storm of Holiday shopping. Site search, navigation and merchandising plays a critical role in holiday readiness and there are strategies you can continue to execute well into the Holiday shopping season.

Join us for our Holiday Readiness Webinar as our Merchandising Consultants share their top tips and tricks that you can implement on your website to have a successful holiday season.

Date: Thursday, August 21st
    Time: 10 am PDT, 1 pm EDT

Register Now!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The use of the scripts is to find business listing on my site, which is a business registry website.and i want customers to search by business name or island.Please advise on best solution

Thanks alot for the updates

Comment

A Database function script is what you are looking for (although you may find a "suitable" HTML script at either DynamicDrive.com or HotScripts.com) ..... and your best bet is to have one custom-coded for you and your specific application, as this will assure better performance and results delivery in the long-run based on the app-specific interface written in.

Three options:
        1. Tap into custom programming with either Gen. Navaldesign via www.DBTechnosystems.com (who is both capable and very economical) or my Team at www.ProWebsUnlimited.com (very professional, yet priced slightly higher than Gen. Naval -- in all fairness -- but then our partnerships are globally recognized and our solutions are universally
        "preferred").
        2. Try your hand at outsourcing, either at www.ODesk.com or www.GetAFreelancer.com
        3. Scour the Net for whatever you can via Google searches, using various key words, terms, focus, etc.

Comment

Thanks Vasili

Comment

Just a thought..........

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            Depends on what you really want it to do, how you want it to perform, and what you are willing to accept (as many come with add-on's or other "marketing" includes).

If you are looking for Free Website Search Engines (Tools), try exploring some of these, just to stay away from Google's tool which is not truly "free" or without hidden entanglements .... if you really are in the know.....

What has below got to do with the question....isnt this blatant seeding/advertising, which you yourself have warned other members about ?¿?¿

Although not free (nor exactly cheap), my clients experience the finest on the market (which is integrated into their build for both functional continuity as well as superior performance) as I am one of the very few Mercado US Partners --- and I offer Mercado technologies at a discount. With clients including Sears, OfficeMax, Macy*s, Target and others, Mercado has proven to be the leader in more ways than one, and my client's satisfaction ratings continually break new ground!

Upcoming Mercado Webinar

Is your Web site ready for the busiest holiday shopping season ever?

Most retailers depend heavily – almost exclusively – on holiday sales to make their yearly revenue goals. Not only are the number of online shoppers increasing year over year, but the number of businesses selling online continues to grow as well. Is your online store ready for the holidays?

Forrester Research tells us that you only have 8 seconds to engage shoppers once they land on your site – make the most of this valuable time during the storm of Holiday shopping. Site search, navigation and merchandising plays a critical role in holiday readiness and there are strategies you can continue to execute well into the Holiday shopping season.

Join us for our Holiday Readiness Webinar as our Merchandising Consultants share their top tips and tricks that you can implement on your website to have a successful holiday season.

Date: Thursday, August 21st
            Time: 10 am PDT, 1 pm EDT

Register Now!
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

No, as a matter of fact, it is NOT seeding, but presenting a factual resource to specifically resolve the Original Poster's question with regard to best-of-breed site search and informational interactive navigation that I am personally familiar with.
              I presented earlier in the thread other options for basic finctions that were FREE, and simply contrasted, the suggestions with a more developed resource offered a more cognizant look into how to select an appropriate application.
              Apparently you cannot follow, and have another agenda altogether....too bad.

Comment

I follow with great interest all observations and help, because thats the only way to learn, but I fail to see how advertising personal services (unless asked for) answers the question..........and please Eric, I dont have ANY hidden agenda, so dont imply that I do.

This will be my last comment in this thread.
                Have fun
                Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                Newbies / Beginners Forum
                FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                X