X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap Problems

Thanks to all who assist me!!

I followed the sitemap tutorial and used the BlueVoda sitemap tool

However, when I published the sitemap it cameout in xml or html looking form like this:

How can I make it appear normal and still search engine friendly?

Thanks Again

Tom

Re: Sitemap Problems

It IS SE-friendly, Tom!! What is unclear about that --- using the "preferred" language to communicate to the bots in their own dialect?

You can "mask" the actual link on your site by hyperlinking this file via an image, or like I do: I simply use the text XML in some small place on the bottom of pages and hyperlink as I would any other text link....

To see an example, visit this site and look down to the bottom-right of the page (the reason it does not react to visitor clicks is because I lay a transparent "object" over it, which is OK as it allows the link to function for the bots, is "visible" according to the Rules" and is properly linked to a properly configured file)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili,

Thanks for the response. I am slightly confused on how you masked the xml

Can you point me to a tutorial where I can figure out how to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by bothamspy View Post
        I am slightly confused on how you masked the xml
        Can you point me to a tutorial where I can figure out how to do this?Tom
        Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        To see an example, visit this site and look down to the bottom-right of the page (the reason it does not react to visitor clicks is because I lay a transparent "object" over it, which is OK as it allows the link to function for the bots, is "visible" according to the Rules" and is properly linked to a properly configured file)
        1. In your open Blue Voda page, click the icon to insert 'object' (it will come up as a gray rectangle);
        2. Double-click on the rectangle, and the Properties Dialog will come up;
        3. Select "Transparent";
        4. Re-size transparent object to just fit over your XML text link, being careful to not over-extend too far beyond the text itself, as the bots will pick this "sloppiness" up as an indicator that your are in fact intentionally trying to hide something, and may penalize you for reading a false threat.

Using this this method will prevent Visitors from clicking the link and opening the file as it inserts an unactionable "layer" between the mouseover and the active link.
        Although it's not harmful (explained in above post), is usually in an unexpected file format and startling for curious Visitors--- so I personally prefer to simply remove the opportunity all together. Those that know what it is don't bother it, so why not just put everyone on the same level?
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X