Can I work from two computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I work from two computers

Hello there, I am trying to find out if I can work on my site from another computer while I am not at my home. Is it possible to work on my website and make changes from other computers? I do realize I cannot upload info if I do not take that, ie. new pics.
    Thank you so much! I travel and need to make changes now and again.
    Ozk Mtn Poms
    Irene C.

Re: Can I work from two computers

yes you can .....just copy your bv folder and your images folder....

you can even publish if you have BV and the above on your other computer.

Just watch out that everything is in syncronised.......
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Yes. You can use multiple computers as long as you have all the files associated with the site. It is a good idea to back up your files anyway and with the price of flash drives with large storage coming down it is easy to do. You just have to make sure that you have the file paths the same on both computers.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Awesome! This make life so much easier if I need to work when I travel! If I need anything my hubby can send to me, etc!
        You guys rock!
        Irene Clark
        Ozark Mountain Poms
        Irene C.

Comment

i got same problems, can u explain more clearly, how does it work (step by step) pls?

Comment

I think, if you need continue building your site away from home, first, you need to have BV on your another computer. To copy files and folders, you can use flashdrive. Alternatively, you can connect both computers together via cable and simply use file-transfer tool already built into the Windows (start -> all programs -> accessories -> system tools -> files and settings transfer wizard -> follow the instractions). Make sure that BV settings on both computers are identical. Make sure you have identical BV folders and all the files on both computers exactly in the same directories under the same names. Make sure all the paths for saving, accessing, retrieving and modifying BV data on both computers are absolutely the same. To make it easier and safer for prolong dual use: if you make any changes to BV files and settings on one computer, make sure that you transfer it, or do exactly the same modifications and changes on another pc, otherwise you may have to do this while travelling if you remeber exactly what you have done before. Very useful: as had been mentioned already, always make backups onto your flashdrive, especially after any modifications and changes, so you can always make necessery changes on either computer if you missed something or lost data.
            Keep asking if it is still unclear, i may have missed something.

Comment

I haven't tried it but I would think that having all files on one (1) flash drive/external drive and then move the drive back and forth between computers would work.
              The path would have to be exactly the same. For example the flash/external drive letter would have to be the same.
              The software would have to be on both computers.
              Would it be possible to run the software from the same flash/external drive?
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...
              X