Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addon Domains

Hello there,

Yesterday i completed the website under the domain name that I had bought and hosted with blue voda.

I was then looking through the previous domain threads and Cpanel and noticed addon domains.

Is it possbile to create another website that stands independent of the domain name i have paid for etc.

So, the website i have built and published is under the domain name www.galaxygoals.com Not I have also built another website that is yet to be published called www.galaxyethics.com How can I publish this with my existing hosting package with blue voda, using addon domains but having it not show up as follows www.galaxygoals.com/www.galaxyethics.com???

Thanks a bunch. You guys were already an amazing help yesterday!!!!!

Re: Addon Domains

Hi, an add on domain is an independent domain & in your case would show up as www.galaxyethics.com on the web. You would publish your 1st site to public_html/ & your 2nd site to public_html/galaxyethics/
    You can also have a sub domain of your 1st one called www.galaxyethics.galaxygoals.com
    Both of these are free to add on.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

the bit that i dont get or doesnot work having re watched the tutorials is

"Hint: This feature must be enabled for your account before you can use it. Addon Domains will not be functional unless the domain name is registered with a valid registrar and configured to point to our DNS servers"

How do i do this?

Comment

Thanks to you both.

Chris, when you say both a free, does this mean you dont need to pay for an addon domain name?

Comment

For the actual domain name, Yes you have to pay. But nothing more to VH for the use of the server.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X