Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chnaging over domain names

Hello people,

my current domain name is galaxygoals.com which i have paid for.

is it possible to change that domain name to another domain name without paying twice, the prices for the domain names is the same.

how do i then change the existing published website which is under galaxygoals to a subdomain of the new domain name?

is this possible? is it simple?

Re: chnaging over domain names

any ideas on resolving this please....i have sent an email to voda host support in case noone knows, but conceptually it is possible to do simply but does anyone have any experience with this....???

greatly appreciated!!

Comment

hello again,

there has been no reply for quite awhile now and i am bogged without the information. is there anyone that has any idea about this?

I am stuck because i dont know whether i should just post the other 3 websites to thei subdomains and it will look a bit funny and then change over all the folders and subfolders if it is possible to chnageover domain name or jsut wait because it is definately possible and simple enough for a total novice like me to do!!! please help asap!!

Comment

Answers in red............

Originally posted by JMKluss View Post
        Hello people,

my current domain name is galaxygoals.com which i have paid for.

1) I assume that this is your first domain name in your vodahost account.

is it possible to change that domain name to another domain name without paying twice, the prices for the domain names is the same.

2) Once bought, you cannot change the domain name.......

how do i then change the existing published website which is under galaxygoals to a subdomain of the new domain name?

3) You could ask voda to reset your account and put your new domain name as your root domain. and then use the original as an addon domain.
        (2 seperate sites-1 account)

Re-setting an account means that you would lose all the data that you have published to date.

is this possible? is it simple?

As you have all your original BV pages, then you would be able to complete what you have asked for.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
        X