inviting through email to see/browse website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inviting through email to see/browse website

Please look at this page and tell me what I can do about the information that is incorrect inheritantly (already existing). I don't know if that's the right word to use in this instance, but nevertheless....

You'll see the star burst where it says, Invite your friends to heathsstuff !
    When you do this Outlook Express pops up and in the From line it says dimilinowski@peoplepc.com , where it should say FROM: heathsstuff.com
    TO: YOUR FRIENDS, etc, etc, etc. I don't know what to do here and also, I have looked through the tutorials and there is no information on how to use the advanced features such as forms. I can create it manually but don't want to. I need alot more assistance with the advanced forms in BV.
    Where is the information for the Advanced features?

Thank you
    Diane

Also, why are the images so dark? They don't look like that on the local machine.

While I'm here, I have been trying to center the page in the browser under Page Properties and it won't. What should I do?
    Diane Milinowski

Re: inviting through email to see/browse website

Hi Diane I am fairly new to this so I cannot help with the tell a friend email. When I clicked on the starburst there was nothing in the outlook sender line or subject line, only 'YOUR FRIENDS' in the address line.
    Your images did not look too dark to me. Have you built your page up against the left in BV then ticked centre page. When i first started I built my pages in the centre then ticked centre page. It moved everything to the right when i previewed. took me a while and reading a few threads to work out that I had to build my page lined up to the left hand side then centre.
    One other thing that I noticed your page is very wide. I had to horizontal scroll a lot on the home page. 800 is the width recommended by the majority of members so that people using small monitors do not have to scroll as they will probably not stay on the site too long
    Hope I have been of some help
    Sandra

Comment

The page can't center because you have set the page width to be 2500. This forces the browser to move everything to the left. Set the wodth to what it actually is.

The script used for the mail (in the star) is javascript:popupwnd('mailto:YOUR FRIENDS','no','no','no','yes','no','yes','125','30 ','75','75')" target="_self)

There is no "From" or Subject, so it behaves normally.

Forms: you can see the forms tutorials in http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/forms.html All three tutorial are there.

You can also use the Tell a friend script (using your star to trigger it) : have a look at Tell A Friend Script
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

BySandra, your information was most helpful. Thank you so much. Your's too NavalDesign.

Peace!
        Diane
        Diane Milinowski

Comment

Working...
        X