Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forms

Hi team,

I'm now a paying member. I think because I didn't subscribe for a while all the work I did on building disappeared off my files. Was there a time limit on this or another problem?

Now I'm rebuilding my pages from scratch. I'd like to clarify about forms.

Do I need to have an email and name box if I'm inviting comments. Is the comment box enough since it will direct the commenter to the e-mail address designated, thus name and email will be there?

When a commenter double clicks the comment box he can write the message but it goes across on one line. I don't know how to set it so the length of the line is limited before the message goes to the next line down.

I think I should (as per David's advice) install a captcha program on my form page. I'm registered with ReCaptcha now but haven't had time to drill on the program. Any advice about where I might run into headaches when trying to install it on my form/comment page. And is it a good program?

Help appreciated, and thanks again for previous help. Shoemaker

Re: forms

Hi Shoemaker...............

Originally posted by shoemaker View Post
    Hi team,

I'm now a paying member. I think because I didn't subscribe for a while all the work I did on building disappeared off my files. Was there a time limit on this or another problem?

Must have been another problem.....Your BV files should still be on your computer.......

Now I'm rebuilding my pages from scratch. I'd like to clarify about forms.

Do I need to have an email and name box if I'm inviting comments. Is the comment box enough since it will direct the commenter to the e-mail address designated, thus name and email will be there?

You need a from address otherwise it will insert your email address...

When a commenter double clicks the comment box he can write the message but it goes across on one line. I don't know how to set it so the length of the line is limited before the message goes to the next line down.

Pass.............for now

I think I should (as per David's advice) install a captcha program on my form page. I'm registered with ReCaptcha now but haven't had time to drill on the program. Any advice about where I might run into headaches when trying to install it on my form/comment page. And is it a good program?

try BV form wizard first, It might already contain a cachtpa.........if not
    use Navaldesign's advanced form which does contains a cachtpa......

Check

Help appreciated, and thanks again for previous help. Shoemaker
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: forms

Hi David,

Nice to hear from you. OK, I'll begin working on this stuff. Thanks again,

Shoemaker

Comment

Working...
      X