contact page error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contact page error

I've run into a problem with my contact page. I created my own template (probably in the wrong way) so that when any "button" is clicked, the same top and left margins appear. The page publishes successfully. The only 404 error I receive is from my contact page. I have checked spelling and there's not anything else different that I can think of. I viewed the tutorial on forms and everything looks correct to me (although I am new to this). The form is not the only item on that specific page. The "contact" page also includes the buttons to the other pages as well as other text. Within the extra text (outside the form fields) are email hyperlinks created with the link feature within the BlueVoda text fields. Here is the information found on the form properties box on the "General" tab...

Form name: contact
    Action: (greyed out) <? echo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);?>
    Method: (greyed out) POST
    Encoding type: <blank> (I also tried the suggested default: application...)

Use built in PHP... is checked

Email address is correct
    Subject: Contact Information
    Message: Values submitted from website form: (I don't know what this is)
    Success URL: http://www.westviewwildcatband.net/success.html
    Error URL: http://www.westviewwildcatband.net/error.html

Hidden Fields: <empty>

Any ideas will be welcomed.
    This is the error message I receive:
    Not Found

The requested URL /contact.html was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.westviewwildcatband.net Port 80

Re: contact page error

The encoding type should be multipart/form-data. The message that you said you did not know what it was is simply the mesage that the email will have to let you know what it is. Change the encoding type, save and republish
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Re: contact page error

LOL

The good old "Wizzard" strikes again, huh, Ed?

Seems no matter how simple BV becomes, the evolution still eclipses the concepts to leave everyone confused!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X