Microsoft Word document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Word document

I asked a question before regarding the use of a word document as one of my pages and received an answer (thanks). It seemed to work when I added the details to my page but will not display the contents until I 'publish' it. How do I know if the page size I have chosen is large enough to accommodate the file?

I want to get the majority of the site correct (and am playing around with various facilities on offer with Blue Voda) before taking the final plunge and publish.

I am a complete novice at this (as you can tell).

Tony

Re: Microsoft Word document

Originally posted by tonylane@cha.forthnet.gr View Post
    I asked a question before regarding the use of a word document as one of my pages and received an answer (thanks). It seemed to work when I added the details to my page but will not display the contents until I 'publish' it. How do I know if the page size I have chosen is large enough to accommodate the file?

I want to get the majority of the site correct (and am playing around with various facilities on offer with Blue Voda) before taking the final plunge and publish.

I am a complete novice at this (as you can tell).

Tony
    What file are you trying to accommodate? Next to the publish button is a preview button so you can see what your page looks like before being published.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Are you trying to put into a I-Frame? Just publish the page and go into and check it, you can then go back and do any modifications you need as many times as you need. Just resave the page each time and republish.
      Reguards
      Ed
      www.dsondesigns.com
      www.marseillesyouthsports.com
      www.300hitter.com
      www.bigjk.net
      How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks Marincky for your reply to my question.

I am trying to find out if my Word document - that I have put into one of my pages - will fit into the size of page I have set i.e 1000, before I publish. When I use preview it tells me I can only see the page once I have published! I am trying to do most of the work before publishing.

D'son

What is an I - Frame?
        I was trying to avoid publishing and then finding I have many problems. I want to sort it out BEFORE I publish - if possible.

Thanks for your help

Tony

Comment

I dont understand how you have put the document in?
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ok if you are not using an I-frme it makes it a bit easier on you, but you should know that if a user does not have word they will not be able to see the document. In any event the word document will easily fit into you page size it will acually fit into a page 800 wide. To get the word doc to your site you will have to ftp it to your public_html folder through c-pannel. Then to link to it you will use the .doc extention. If you are trying to copy and paste it into your page the text and formatting will be different and it may not look right.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
            X