Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback WANTED ! Especially re: page size and text display...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback WANTED ! Especially re: page size and text display...

Please have a look at my 1st effort and comment on the page size - how it appears to you - I didn't realise that it was recommended to set up page props as 800 x 600 - have looked at doing so and it appears tiny - is this right ? My page size is actually 993 x 1000 (don't know why - it just is !)

Also, does the 'Loft & Found' heading/logo, appear all one size, (as it should do) or is some of it getting bigger and overlapping other stuff (as a friend has reported this is the case)

I've updated the homepage and contact page with BV 7.7 latest release to see if it's changed this at all, but not updated the rest of the pages - please take a look to compare.

Many thanks in advance for all comments - positive and negative - I want to make sure it looks reasonably good, before I start promoting it via my other forms of advertising.

www.loftandfound.co.uk
    Last edited by oswaldx; 02-01-2006, 01:22 AM. Reason: forgot to name my site !
    Richard

www.loftandfound.co.uk

Loft Access Solutions

Re: Feedback WANTED ! Especially re: page size and text display...

hiya, your site look good, and your pictures are very clear.

i have somehow managed to download google firefox, and cant get rid of it, so in my browser the text and pictures overlap, but i wouldnt worry becouse google fire fox is not that good, and i dont think many people use it. all my sites look funny in firefox!

good luck with your site

Comment

thanks - was there any difference between the home page/contact page and the others ?
      Richard

www.loftandfound.co.uk

Loft Access Solutions

Comment

I think it looks great! Very clear and easy to get through. How do you get that text to scroll across the top? That is really cool! Good job!

Comment

Hiya oswaldx!

I got a chance to check out your site, and I think you did a great job! Loads quickly (even on dial up - yippeee!) and is very easy to navigate!

Everything is centered on the page, without scrolling from side to side, and your logo is all the same size but it overlaps the text on all of the pages... however, that could just be my browser. I'd worrying about that one if more people say the same ;)

Home page, and all of the other pages I popped in on looked the same, so it looks like the upgrade didn't change anything, visually, on your site.

Keep up the good work, and good luck with your site! :)

Kellie
          Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
          http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Thanks for feedback - looks like the font I used (TW Cen MT Condensed) for the logo is the cause of probs. A friend who works in product design using various high end software didn't even have this on his machines, and I was hoping he could use the font to create a gif file for me so I could load it as an image, but no such luck, as he doesn't know what the font was supposed to look like ! I think for now, I'm going to change everything to Verdana and play safe. Ho Hum. Please have another look for me and tell me if it all lokks better - need a few hours to do all the changes however....
            Richard

www.loftandfound.co.uk

Loft Access Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by dcaeagles
              I think it looks great! Very clear and easy to get through. How do you get that text to scroll across the top? That is really cool! Good job!
              Scolling text was a revelation when I found it _ it's so easy - next to the 'shape' icon in BV, is an icon called 'marquee' - just type the text, and watch it scroll - select various options, left, right, up down, continuous etc etc - its FAB.

Thanks for the feedback
              Richard

www.loftandfound.co.uk

Loft Access Solutions

Comment

Working...
              X