Domain Transfer Vs DNS Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Transfer Vs DNS Change

I know there is another thread which enquires about the difference of Domain transfer and DNS change. The answer was just the turn around time. Is there any other difference?! Can I still use subdomains if I do DNS change ? What is the major advantage of domain transfer compare to DNS change?

Please give a detail answer which help to decide on my options.

Thanks
    Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
    www.vijaianand.com
    www.igurus.net
    www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Re: Domain Transfer Vs DNS Change

Im not sure what you are asking here. Youve got several things turned around. DNS change.. Domain name server change is when you log in and point your NAME to your website. A domain transfer is when you go from one DOMAIN HOST to another DOMAIN host.. not the same thing as where you host your website. This change can take ten days.. and usually involves little or no down time on your site. You are transferring who house the domain name and where you login to maintain. It usually has no impact on rather or not you have subdomains on you website account.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Let say I have bought a domain at *******.com. I can just point the name server to point to vodahost which is domain server change. Does it has any impact on having subdomain in my hosting site? Do I have to transfer my domain to vodahost to have subdomains?

What is the advantage to transfer vs domain name change update?!

Vijai
      Life is too short, let's make it worth a life time.

Sites hosted with Vodahost,
      www.vijaianand.com
      www.igurus.net
      www.firsttimecruising.com

Signature Rules Apply

Comment

It wont have any impact on your subdomain.. no matter who hosts it. There are pros and cons to having your names hosted at voda. Its all in one place and one control panel if you transfer. They both have things I like and DONT like.

You cant transfer a new domain for >>> I think 60 days.. the transfer then takes about 10 days. Your dns should be ok with minimal interuption during the transfer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Correct ... a newly registered or renewed domain must reside at the processing Registrar for 60 days, but it takes another 3-10 days for the release to be cycled, depending on whether the Provider is ICANN chartered or simply a Reseller. (I always figure on 90 days in my mental file just as a rule of thumb)

Transfers can be effected within hours once all restrictions have been lifted, especially if between accounts at the same Registrar. Karen might simply be adding in the extra time to have all the restrictions lifted as an advisory....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X