I'm new can you please help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new can you please help?

So far i am loving the program it is so easy!

I have two problems which most people think are quick so sorry if it sounds a little stupid.

If i'm on YouTube, and i want to add a video to my Index page i get what i think is the HTML for the video from where it says Embed. Now how do i get this on my page? Do i go Insert > Advance > HTML? Because i did and nothing happened when i pasted the HTML into that, it just showed the usuall gray HTML? HTML? text on a white background.

My second question is how do i get the Navagation bar to link to my other saved pages? I know i'm saposed to enter the URL of the page but it's not hosted on the web yet so how would i do that? Is it just somthing you have to do after you host the website?

I'm sorry if some of this sounds stupid i'm really just starting with the whole web thing today. I would apreatiate if you answered both my questions, but if you can only answer one all help is needed.

Any help would be greatfull thanks very much everyone and sorry for you're time.

Re: I'm new can you please help?

Hi, the HTML from youtube you place in a html box that you place on the front of your page. You will find this at the top of the left hand menus.
    The links to the other pages wont work until you have published your pages to a VH server with a VH account.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi, the HTML from youtube you place in a html box that you place on the front of your page. You will find this at the top of the left hand menus.
      The links to the other pages wont work until you have published your pages to a VH server with a VH account.

Good luck.
      Thank you very much!

Comment

I have one little problem, in the editor will the video show up? because i pasted the HTML in there and nothing is showing up it only says HTML on a white background as if nothing has been done to it. And if it doesn't I'm not sure how i would get the position of the video where i want it.

Comment

It has been my experience that this type of element will not show in preview...you must publish first... then make corrections...
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Sorry Chris...didn't mean to interupt...thought you were gone...
            Karen Williams
            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
            X