Image Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Problems

Can anyone offer me some advice on this? The images on some of my pages go a little crazy. The swap places, stretch ans warp... I re-publish the page/s and it fixes it but then when I log in for a new session the problems are back?
    Here are some examples

or

or

I need some tips on this one!
    Thanks in advance
    The Female Zone

Re: Image Problems

I have a feeling it may be the postioning of your "Addthis" buttons. You might want to position them in a better place away from the images.
    From a commercial point of view they are placed as distraction to the reader. People tend to scan rather than read, looking for the exact data they wanted. The buttons distract from that and are a call to action you may not want.
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Hi, all pages looked fine with the exception of

in the center of the page looked stretched from right to left. Is this what you mean??
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes. Thanks Chris... and Lancecarr, I went through my site and found 6 or 8 pages that had defaulted. The images that are at the top of every page on my site had, in some cases, swaped position, streched etc. I re-saved them, lockod them and re-published. It seems to have fixed most of the problems with the exception of http://www.sexual-health4men.com/penis-anatomy.html I will rearrange the 'addthis' button and see if it is causing the problem. Thanks for your help.
        Mike
        The Female Zone

Comment

Lancecarr, I just deleted the addthis button from the above mentioned page and now it is showing up fine. Thanks for the tip. Perhaps that has been my problem.
          Cheers
          The Female Zone

Comment

RRRR... its not over yet! take a look at http://www.sexual-health4men.com/pat...they-work.html You will see that strange things are happening with the images. Top right hand corner, a condensed pic that should'nt be there... half way down the page a glass block appears... the index on the left hand side has strange things happening with "Other Methods" heading block different to the rest. Hmmm... I'm tossed!
            The Female Zone

Comment

Yes I see the problem with the glass button from nowhere!
              In all honesty I don't know HTML well enough to be able to debug the page.
              If I were in this position my first step would be to try to make sure as few items are overlapping as possible without compromising the aesthetic of the page. I would also open every html box and every element on the page and double check that the html code for each one starts with a "<" chevron and finishes with a ">" chevron. Sometimes when you copy and paste code one gets missed and plays hell with the layout.

I had a similar situation to yours once and in the end did all that so that the copy on my computer of the entire site was fine and displayed in the preview fine.

THEN I went into the CPanel and used the file manager to delete every existing file relevant to the site. All the gif, png, html files etc but NOT any of the hidden files like htaccess etc.
              I then uploaded all the fresh files and the site was fine.
              Sorry I couldn't find the exact handling for you!
              Video Editing Software Reviews
              Video Editing Software Tips
              DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Thanks for your informative answer Lanc. I will work on your suggested solutions. thanks again
                GD
                The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
                X