domain redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain redirect

I went to the control panel and redirected an old domain from a different host to my new domain with bluevoda. I parked the domain and redirected it. Does it take some time for the redirection to work or am I doing something incorrectly?

Re: domain redirect

Originally posted by Karen Cain View Post
    I went to the control panel and redirected an old domain from a different host to my new domain with bluevoda. I parked the domain and redirected it. Does it take some time for the redirection to work or am I doing something incorrectly?
    To redirect the old domain from your different host account you have to go to where you got the domain from (possibly them) and redirect it there. Or you can repoint the server domains from there to VH and then do the redirect by adding it as a parked domain first in your CP then directing it. But either way your original domain source has to know of the change one way or another.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: domain redirect

Yes, Karen .... depending on the provider, redirection/forwarding/DNS updates, etc., can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours. It comes down to the providers themselves, and whether or not they are ICANN chartered or resellers (partners have direct interfacing, whereas resellers must abide the que for approval/processing).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X