Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formatting Paragraphs

Hi,
    I am trying out my first web site with BV and can't find a way to format paragraphs. Options like "space before" or "space after" or "line spacing" etc.
    Lines of text are too close to one another and I would like to have 1.5 lines between them.

Is there a way to do this with BV?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

I do not have a hosting account yet. Hope that doesn't ban me out.

Re: Formatting Paragraphs

Hi Michael,
    One thing you need to be aware of is the difference in how the various web browsers will display your text. Because of this difference a page of text that looks fine in Internet Explorer may look totally misaligned in Firefox or Safari.

Very early on I was advised by one of the senior contributors of this forum to get into the habit of NOT using large text boxes with many lines of text. The advice I recieved was to insert a text box and place no more than 5 lines of text. Then for the next paragraph rinse and repeat.

The convenience of having a web design program like BlueVoda is, to some degree, offset by the fact that your formatting has to be converted to HTML so there will be some limitation to what you can do. For example setting to a 1.5 space in between lines.

BlueVoda is, after all, a free program so in life ya gets what ya pays for! Having said that I would also add that of the many free site design software I have tested and used over the years BlueVoda stand way above the rest for the degree of control it does offer.
    Video Editing Software Reviews
    Video Editing Software Tips
    DVD Disc Repair

Comment

Re: Formatting Paragraphs

Hi,
      What I did to have extra space between my paragraphs was changed the font size down before I used the enter key, then entered twice. (ie if I was printing at font 12 changed to font 8 before hitting enter to start next paragraph) I was able to manipulate the size of the spacing by playing with the font size. Was not able to manipulate with font size after I had started a new line so just backspaced to last line....changed font size....entered....entered.... and again if needed..then changed font size back before starting next paragraph........

This would be a long slow process if you wanted it for every line but not too bad if you just don't want double spacing for paragraphs

Hope it is a bit useful
      Sandra

Comment

Working...
      X