Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure name servers ?

Hello Friends

My first website is www.mirabeltravel.ca and i bought a new domain called www.phippstravel.ca from voda host. In this link , it says that you must configure name servers. But in my welcome email it says Your domain name has been auto configured and is fully functional on our servers.
    Even if i have to configure name servers manually:
    Do i have to go to vbs and click on "Change DNS" or "Register Name Server"
    Is there any video tutorial where i can check how to configure name servers ?
    Or Can some one please help me to figure out his puzzle.

Secondly, wen my name servers will be configured. Will it ask me before publishing a page that it would go to mirabeltravel or phippstravel.

Your help will be much appreciated
    Thank you
    Regards
    Attraction Passes
    Adventure Travel
    Europe Train Pass
    www.mirabeltravel.ca

Re: How to configure name servers ?

Originally posted by saggi View Post
    Hello Friends

My first website is www.mirabeltravel.ca and i bought a new domain called www.phippstravel.ca from voda host. In this link , it says that you must configure name servers. But in my welcome email it says Your domain name has been auto configured and is fully functional on our servers.
    Even if i have to configure name servers manually:
    Do i have to go to vbs and click on "Change DNS" or "Register Name Server"
    Is there any video tutorial where i can check how to configure name servers ?
    Or Can some one please help me to figure out his puzzle.

Secondly, wen my name servers will be configured. Will it ask me before publishing a page that it would go to mirabeltravel or phippstravel.

Your help will be much appreciated
    Thank you
    You can check in your VBS to ensure your voda host name servers have been applied to this domain. They should read the same as your other (main)domain. So check there firstly .. if you need to change, remove what is there and add your two voda host servers.

If you haven't done so already, create on your own computer, a file in MY DOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA entitled your new domain. Save your blue voda pages that you create in this folder, this will prevent overwriting any pages that will have the same file names, example index - every domain needs this page.

You will also need to add on the domain. You do this in your control panel. Log in, choose add on domain and create - take special note of the information that is filled in .. you will need this to publish.

To publish to the new domain you will need to type the domain name after public_html in the publish box when you publish. Of course, you will remove this when publishing again at another time to your main domain ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X