Verification meta tag placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verification meta tag placement

Can someone please tell me where I'm supposed to place the Google verification meta tag please? As I understand it, I'm supposed to place it in the 'between head tag' of the page HTML (not the header) section.

I have two sites built with BV one at www.classic-car-imports.com and the other at www.classic-bike-imports.com and have entered Google verification codes in the same place on both sites........ one shows verified and the other either shows verified for a day or two and then reverts back to unverified or it shows unable to fine verification code.

Hope someone can help.

Re: Verification meta tag placement

Since you are using Blue Voda and not a HTML editor the likes of Dreamweaver, for example, that is why you need to select the other option of submitting a Sitemap file (leave that browser screen open and take 2 minutes to open BV > Tools > FTP Manager and then upload your sitemap.xml file).
    Even Google understands that there are options people use to create websites, and tries to accommodate everyone fairly.

.... and on we go!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I'm not sure what browser screen you mean to leave open? - but when I open my BV index page and follow your instructions, I then highlight the 'sitemap xml' and click connect........... then I get a window telling me 'The attempt to connect to the FTP server failed. Last server response 530 authentication failed etc.

On the newer site at www.classic-car-imports.com there isn't a sitemap xml file at all and I'm unable to access the BV tutotials to check what I need to do because I get gateway timeouts which my local server techies tell me is caused by a server elsewhere on the net and they can't help.......

Comment

1. Go to www.xml-sitemaps.com and go through the procedures to generate an XML Sitemap for your site.
        2. Save it to your computer somewhere.
        3. Then, (if you can overcome your connection difficulties, and trust me, they are on your end and not as your "techies" tell you, for they are probably covering their butt), upload a copy of that Sitemap.xml file to your public_html/ directory of your site using the FTP steps mentioned above (in BV > Tools > FTP Manager --- and use the same logon info as when you PUBLISH, with the right IP, User Name, Password, etc.).

Then return to Google Webmaster Central and go through the process once again, electing Verify Using Sitemap (and here you type in "www,yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml") and click to complete.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X