X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How site displays

Hi,

First of all my domain is http://mytruth2wealth.com

Ok, so I'm pretty familiar on how to use Blue Voda to build a site and subpages within the domain.

The problem is after I built a page and reviewed it and like what I see, I then proceed to publish it. What I'm finding after visiting the domain from the local machine, using internet explorer, the page displays and looks perfect, just like it looked after I was through building it.

The problem is when after it's published, I then visit the same page at a different computer, in this case, my work computer. After visiting the page there, the page is displayed in a completely different way than when I built it. For example, web forms may be bigger in length and overlap the text below it. Pictures may be off centered and moved over to the left or right, paragraphs overlap each other, etc.

This happens using IE and/or Firefox, but it looks perfectly fine from the computer I built the page on.

Sorry for the long message, but I tried to be as elaborate as I could here.
    The site should be displayed the same way on the internet, no matter what system you are using.

Any ideas or resolutions?

Re: How site displays

I am afraid that your last statement should hold true
    BUT, not all browsers display items the same way. What we have to do is to check and test our sites on 3 or 4 main browsers until we get it right.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I have never in my life have heard of that.

I have several marketing friends who put up pages all the time, using different software programs. They publish it after reviewing how it looks in the software and it displays exactly how it looked before publishing.

Your theory of trial and error using different browsers could take days!

Comment

Just because you never heard of it before doesnt mean its not true..............

Just search these forums on this same subject................

Besides like any advice or opinion.............you takes it or you leaves it.......lol
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Hi,
          i have the same problem, especially when I check my site on an *****.

it even jumps horribly and do not know what else I could change to avoid it.

Please have a look at http://www.slim-healthy-happy.co.uk/Q&A.html at the bottom, opened at an Mac.

Any idea what I could change?

thanks. .. Doro

Comment

Yes, yours looks fine from my PC using Internet Explorer.

Check out mine, chances are it'll be all distorted, proving my point:

looks like on my local machine, it's just other pc's that it appears to look different.

Comment

I thought there was an admin team here that replies to these support issue posts.

David Aluncia, are you an admin or part of VodaHost or just another user like myself and everyone else here?

Thanks

Comment

This is a forum. There are moderators and administrators. If the member does not have one of those titles they have generously given of their time and knowledge to help other users. As a newbie, the generosity, knowledge and warmth of the members (that includes the moderators and the administrators) of this forum (forum means members not admin) helped me decide to use Blue Voda and Voda. David is one of the very generous and knowledgable members as can be verified by all the members he has helped.
                It would be a good idea if you checked the threads on your subject as David suggested. You may learn ways to help prevent so many changes, from browser to browser.
                Sandra

Comment

Originally posted by aramirez83 View Post
                  I thought there was an admin team here that replies to these support issue posts.

David Aluncia, are you an admin or part of VodaHost or just another user like myself and everyone else here?

Thanks
                  Hi aramirez83

I am neither an administrator nor moderator................

Both of those titles refer to these forum boards and not to the excelent Vodahost support team................have cookie on me...............lol

I am just a humble (well not so humble at times) member of this Family that wishes to give back a little of all the help received in the past.

.................................................. .........................................

Sandra:

Thank you for holding the fort and for your well thought out answer..............You are well and truly part of this family of voders.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                  X