Multiple Web Sites per Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Web Sites per Account

How do you host multiple sites per account. Do you have to build them in different packages, such as oscemmerce for one, Blue Voda for an other etc? and if so how do you load them up to different locations so that the URL's are www.abcdef.co.uk and say www.xyz.co.uk ?

Re: Multiple Web Sites per Account

I would like to know this as well, i plan on hosting multiple sites soon.
    -Ed Larson

Comment

Hello

My experience only extends to building multiple sites using Bluevoda and using the built in publishing feature.

The important thing to realise is that yes you can host as many sites as you like on your account providing all those sites (domains) are owned by you!

If you are building for others, then each should have their own hosting account.

To publish a 2nd site on your account (or addon) you add the new domain in your CP. Make sure the domain name is pointing to VH name servers as per your first site.

When publishing your second site you manually change the folder at the point of publishing.

eg

public_html/nameofsecondsite.co.uk

I hope this helps

Darren

If

Comment

Can you please describe in greater detail how you add another domain name to the CPanel and how you manually change the folder. I am not quite following you. My two domain names are totally different topics.

Comment

Have a look at these tutorials. One of them imcludes Adding an additional add-on domain name to your account

VodaHost.com tutorial about how to use the control panel of your hosting account.

Darren

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I follow the tutorial but what I dont follow is if you put it in the public_html file that is where all my oscommerce is loaded for the existing site so wont they get muddled up?

Sorry if I am being thick but I just dont get how you segragate the information for the different sites.

Comment

No worries

Your first site gets saved in the public_html file. I publish addon sites in BV as illistrated below.

Comment

oh ok thanks. I think I see what you mean!

Liz

Comment

Liz

Can I check with you that you have gone into your CPanel and added your addon domain there as per the tutorials?

Darren

Comment

Yes I have looked at adding domain there, which is where it says 'root file' and suggest in tutorial you put public_html but that is where my oscommerce is and I use smart ftp to upload files which uploads them directly to the folder.

Comment

Liz

I don't know which tutorial you are looking at but this is the one you need

and then follow my screen shot for publishing.

Darren

Comment

I was watching the X3 version. I do not have a publish like yours as I normally build in oscommerce and upload by SmartFTP as I said in my earlier reply. So I am trying to follow your instructions and adapt them to my needs.

I think I am getting confused in that it says whichever version you look at that the files are uploaded to www.abc.co.uk/demo1234 folder when old site is www.abc.co.uk and new site is demo1234.co.uk so how will site get accessed.

I think I a getting very confused and I dont want to risk upsetting present site and getting it all messed up when I add the new site.

Comment

I have published the index page of my new add-on domain and I see the file in my folder but the page does not show up on browser. Instead I see a page that says
                            Great Success !
                            Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

what do i do ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                              I have published the index page of my new add-on domain and I see the file in my folder but the page does not show up on browser. Instead I see a page that says
                              Great Success !
                              Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

what do i do ?!
                              Thats good... So its either waiting for you to change the name servers of the domain to those of VH, or you already have and you are waiting for it to probgate (can take up to 48 hours)

Regards

Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X