PDF files on the websit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF files on the websit

How can I link to an uploaded pdf file from my Soholaunch site so that it can be opened by Acrobat reader on the surfer's PC. I tried to drag and drop "Documents" in page edit but the Browse button did not show any uploaded file, although one pdf file was successfully uploaded.

Re: PDF files on the websit

Just type in a link to it. they can click it and open it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen, your suggestion is of course logical but regrettably I could not implement it. I uploaded a rather thin pdf file, which I can find under 'Documents, Presentations, and Adobe PDFs' folder. This is the default folder it landed in. When I open a page to edit and open up the text editor in it to write a phrase to link it to this pdf file, the browse function does not look into this folder at all but offers linkage only to other pages. So how can I link to this file? I also tried to use the 'Document' function that is supposed to offer links to downloadable documents but this comes up empty. Even this function does not look into the folder where the PDF file resides. Have you any other idea or what do I do wrong?
      Thanks

Comment

Ok.. so.. simply TYPE IN THE LINK dont browse for it. The file should be in the media folder I believe.. but.. it should also give you the option to UPLOAD it there i think. Did you use soho to upload it? If not, and you ftpd it there.. it likely went to the wrong folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen, many thanks for staying in with me on this subject. The problem is now resolved. I just needed to upgrade my Soho software. I suddenly discovered how this is done through a hint on another thread and it did the trick. Now it works as you expected it to do in your first response.
          Thanks

Comment

Youre most welcome.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X