Transfeering files and all, to a new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfeering files and all, to a new computer

I didnt know where to place this question. So I hope its okei in here.

The thing is. Ive bought a new computer. And have to transfeer everything to it. The builder and all my files I have in my homepage. And make it work from my new computer. How do I go forward in this? Can anyone tell me how this works? I am not good at this at all unfortunally.

I hope someone can answer this, I would be very gratefull:)

Irene
    www.phototales.net

Re: Transfeering files and all, to a new computer

You will have to download the BV web builder on your new computer.
    You will also have to copy all files inside the old BlueVoda folder.
    When the BV web builder is reinstalled it will put a BlueVoda folder into the My Documents folder also.
    All of the copied files will go into the new BlueVoda folder.
    I will also be doing this later this week.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

Hi Katrine,

I recently had to do this from an old laptop running XP and Office 2003 to a new laptop running Vista and Office 2007. I did experience compatibility issues from printers and cameras, to video editing software.

I would recommend that you open your control panel and do a search for 'Transfer files and settings from another computer'. Window gives you step by step instructions which are easy peasy and I would imagine other systems would too.

Hope this helps.
      Kind regards
      Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Comment

Ohh. Thank you very much both of you:) Unfortunally, I got the Vista too. (yuk ha ha)
        It didnt sound hard to do. But maybe early for me to say. But how will the pictures on the site be? I guess I have to "re set up" the intire content? I mean. When pictures are moving folders on the pc, it disapears on the site. And when I am going to change to another pc I guess the same will happen?
        www.phototales.net

Comment

Too bad you chose Vista :>(
          The pictures on existing (published) pages are stored on the server. Even though they may no longer appear on the old pages on your computer they will still appear on your site.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Oh, that sounds great. About the Vista, I didnt have any choise unfortunally. They dont sell PC with XP any longer. Only Vista. Really annoying we dont get to choose.:(
            www.phototales.net

Comment

I totally agree with you. But thats what the stores says. There is no one any longer who lets you buy with XP on it. They say Vista is the one and only operating system we can get when we buy. (eccept if we buy Mac of course.) No PC comes without any operating system. Vista dont even has a CD innstalation. Cause its already on the pc when we buy it. Pretty stupid uh?
              I was hoping I could somehow get a cd with XP and try to overrun the Vista system. But dont know how to do it, or how to get it unfortunally.:(
              www.phototales.net

Comment

I bought the components separately and will install XP. It's much easier than you think to put one together.
                Tiger Direct has a 25 minute video showing how to assemble one.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                X