X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering a domain and the website

ID#22757
    URL, www.awarenessofoneness.com

I have website, http://www.ABridgeBeyondCoaching.com, hosted elsewhere and I would like to move this website to Vodahost.
    I would like to keep the basic layout and also edit and make revisions on the content. What are the steps needed to make this transfer of a website occur? Thank You!
    Alice

Re: Transfering a domain and the website

well firstly you would buy a one year hosting contract and they would give you the information on how to point your old domain name to the new hosting company. Then BV has a fantastic tool that allow you to get a lot of information on your old page to a new page with BV. you would go to file, then new page, then from existing html. BV will import the page to your website builder then you would make your new changes and once you have your pages done you can cancel your old and start your new. here is an example of how your page looks when you use this tool
    www.videopostcards.info/homepage.html
    hope this helps you, by the way watch the tutorials and you will find a ton of exciting tools to make your site very professional
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thank You, Mrmagoo,
      I currently have a hosting contract. I understand I can have more than one URL under that contract.
      I get the part about "go to file, then new page," but what do you mean by, "then from existing html?
      Thank You for the look see.
      I have been reviewing the tutorials and will continue.
      Alice

Comment

when you take the page from existing html - this means your site is already active and live. so get the url address when you open your home page, copy and paste this into the blue voda properties box and in a half minute you will have your home page on blue voda. now you may have to tweak it but using this method will save you a ton of time trying to do all by scratch.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
        X