This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im very new

I hope somebody can help me here, because I was having difficulties following support answers (I hardly understand the questions - thinking about that, I actually got quite far already, but then it's week five since I started ;o)...)

1) After all the redoing the contact form finally SEEMS to work. But once you hit the send button Internet Explorer shows "page cannot be found". I tried, friends told me so. As one tutorial suggested I created a success and a failure page, but have no idea how these connect (I uploaded all). It certainly doesn't show. And the mail never arrives in my mailbox, so the page can't possible work, although support told me it does?!
    Also I was told to correct my hyperlinks there - but I already filled everything in as "Amy" told me... where else, what else?

2)The guestbook has the same problems as the contact page: When you open it only the "guestbook form" itself appears, the rest of the page I created - with the form on the right side (same as other pages) is gone and so you don't see the index and therefore have no return button.
    I added one separately then (that glassbutton with the hyperlink)and it shows in bluevoda and the "view page", but once published all is gone.
    For this page I was also trying to follow the, below the tutorial, instructions involving that FTP thing - but I have absolutely no clue what I am supposed to do there...

4)With my old server/website builder I had a page where I filled in all phrases, names,... So my website would be better found/listed in search engines - here I only found the "sitemap" - is there anything else?

In hope of answers and assistance - sorry for being such a Computer Dummy... thank you for everything!
    ... and I also appreciate oppinions and suggestions on my page (the main part will be the writing section, but I haven't figured out yet how to put in all the different story examples unless I safe them as pictures again and put them in - again - as a gallery...)

Claudia

Re: A few problems on www.gruy.biz

Hi lilprincess
    There is just one teeny weeny thing.........what is your website name/address/url thingy so that we can have a look.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I have put that in the header:
      www.gruy.biz
      Glad I am not the only one not seeing things ;o)
      But thank you anyway - I am looking forward to all rescuers!
      Claudia

Comment

Never seen it in the header before, oh well live and learn............

Your contact form success page is going to:

but I can see your success page at:

Check out the instructions/link for the success page.

Read your index page.......fascinating.........I would increase the font size slightly as I had to peer to read it properly..........its all that joined up writing and stuff...............lol

Wil have a look at your guestbook a little later.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
          Read your index page.......fascinating.........I would increase the font size slightly as I had to peer to read it properly..........its all that joined up writing and stuff...............lol
          David, which index page are you looking at?? I don't see anything to read?
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Observant arnt you Ramsey.......................lol

I meant this page, its the first one I went to.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
              Observant arnt you Ramsey.......................lol

I meant this page, its the first one I went to.
              I wondered if all that sea air was doing things to your brain?
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
              X