Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voda to voda

Hi

I have 2 voda hosting packages, I have decided that I want to keep my business sites seperate from my gaming sites and would like to transfer 4 or 5 fully working sites from one voda hosting package to the other!

Can this be done? and if it can how long will the downtime be?

Thanks
    John

Re: voda to voda

you should not have any down time. just go to file and go to new page and go to from existing html. now just put in the full url and BV should import each page. yu may have to tweak it abit but you should have a good start. just do the same for each page.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

No need to import anything......because you have 2 existing accounts.

Think about your MAIN domain name in each account first.
      Those 2 domains cannot be changed unless you arrange it with support first.

Decide which of your sites can be moved/copied to one or other of your main sites, then if organised correctly, you should be able to move them one at a time.

If I were you, I would contact support who will help you in this matter.

You should also know that if your 2 accounts are on different servers then repointing may have to take place which will mean a down time unless handled correctly.

If you have any more questions on this important change to your business sites, post here again.
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi David and thanks for the info :)

I did send a ticket in asking this question and i got back a reply that went like this.

just ftp your files to your other domain.

Great advice or what :(

So as you can guess i am stil wondering what I have to do.

Thanks
        John

Comment

If you have your domain issues straight on the two accounts.............

Then it is just a matter of the add on domains to be propagated to the correct account...several hours (24 to 48 hours)..............

Get this part absolutely correct first!

Make sure your pages on your pc in your bv folder are straight............folder for this domain and folder for that domain.........

Then republish your pages to the correct path, shouldn't have any problems...you may want to delete any files left on one account that were republished to another account.

Not really complex,...........but very stickly for detail......Good Luck.
          Last edited by karenwms63; 10-03-2008, 09:07 AM. Reason: IDK....brain spasm...words in message there but not when posted.......huh?
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Working...
          X