file upload in BV ftp manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file upload in BV ftp manager

I am trying to upload a 40 minute video, approximate 1.7 GB, using the BV ftp file manager. I go into the ftp manager, connect, locate the file I want to upload on my computer, and try to drag to the right side of the screen. When I do this, I get the copying window for a second or so, then it goes away so quick, I cannot read what is happening. No file gets uploaded. I have tried uploading smaller files from the same folder on my computer and the transfer just fine. Since I am suppose to have 600 GB available with my VodaHost website, I didn't think the file size would be a limitation. The file I am trying to upload is marked for sharing if that makes any difference. I have viewed the ftp manager tutorial and I am following the procedure to the best of my knowledge. Any suggestions as to why this file won't upload in the BV ftp manager?
    Thanks,
    Rich

Re: file upload in BV ftp manager

Its not the bandwidth of the server thats in question, but most likely HOW you connect to the internet and your isp's limit of packets per sec. Make sure that you dont have the video open in anything like windows media player etc or any editor and clear you cache before attempting to upload. Sounds like its trying to say the file is in use somewhere and it cant upload it. Might even CLOSE the bv page its on to make sure bv isnt using it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I worked on the suggestions you gave, but still have the same problem. I did have my video editor software, **** Vegas, still open so I closed it. I also closed Blue Voda and then reopened it with a blank page. I cleared the browser's cache, (I think this means deleting temporary internet files and history), but still had no luck. I connect to the internet with a DSL high speed connection. The particular computer I am using to upload this file has a wireless connection.
      If you have any other suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks,
      Rich

Comment

You might Try uploading with your file manager in your Cpanel.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

there are also FTP programs that may upload a big file versus the possible limitation of Blue Voda's. i would just google this subject and you should find many alternatives.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
          X