Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largest Website Possible

Hi,

Is it possible to build a 1600 page site with BlueVoda, in a single setup....or would it be better to build it in smaller blocks editing and uploading the smaller blocks instead of one HUGE set of pages.

many thanks

Adrian Hughes

Adrian Hughes
    ---------------------------------
    www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk
    The 'Local' Wedding Planning Website

Re: Largest Website Possible

How long is a piece of string....................

IMO it would be better controlled by breaking it down.

p.s. www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk does not have a title yet.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Adrian, I gave you the best advice on this one in an email a few weeks back no?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
        Adrian, I gave you the best advice on this one in an email a few weeks back no?
        Hi Ramsey,

I think I've just hit my first 'brain meltdown' stage, and I'm finding it difficult to keep focussed !..... you did give me some pointers on this subject, I'm just forever moving the goalposts at the moment and I dread making a simple mistake setting up the framework of this site that will mean problems down the line :)

I managed to fill a little into
        www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk/swansea

but it really is time consuming till you get a little routine going !!..... but they say Rome wasn't built in a day !!!.....

Thanks for your help

Adrian
        Adrian Hughes
        ---------------------------------
        www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk
        The 'Local' Wedding Planning Website

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Hughes View Post
          Hi Ramsey,

I think I've just hit my first 'brain meltdown' stage, and I'm finding it difficult to keep focussed !..... you did give me some pointers on this subject, I'm just forever moving the goalposts at the moment and I dread making a simple mistake setting up the framework of this site that will mean problems down the line :)

I managed to fill a little into
          www.letsplanyourwedding.co.uk/swansea

but it really is time consuming till you get a little routine going !!..... but they say Rome wasn't built in a day !!!.....

Thanks for your help

Adrian
          Time consuming??? OH YES! Took me three years.. and I'm still working on it around 6 days a week, but well worth it, I am reaping big rewards from it now. It all depends on how serious you are about any site. I think a lot of people don't realise what can be involved. Site's rarely just take off and earn huge amounts of money with little input. Something like you are making, which is similar to what I have done will take you many years to earn a good living from, and will no doubt need lifetime attention. I am hoping though that after so many years I won't have to input 6 days a week and maybe one day a week, then a month etc etc will suffice once I get the site to where I want it to be, but trust me, this is no easy task to get it there!
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I would encourage you to plan way ahead of yourself before you build something so large. A year ago I had a computer crash and after I bought a new computer and had to redo my entire sight from scratch. Without going into the details, it was a lot of work but I was able to do it faster this time around.

So plan first. Break it up into manageable parts with an eventual expectation that something, in the future, could go wrong and keep that in the back of your mind as you plan this "WHOPPER."

Good Luck!

The Best Funny Videos on myspace.com
            and MO!

Comment

flash drive, flash drive, flash drive...

back up, back up, back up...LOL
              Karen Williams
              Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                Time consuming??? OH YES! I am hoping though that after so many years I won't have to input 6 days a week and maybe one day a week, then a month etc etc will suffice once I get the site to where I want it to be, but trust me, this is no easy task to get it there!
                I have to say that to have a site to equal the quality that Ramsey has established as a STANDARD would no doubt excell.
                Karen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
                  flash Drive, Flash Drive, Flash Drive...

Back Up, Back Up, Back Up...lol
                  Carbonite!!!!

Comment

OOOOOOOOps! Carbonite! LOL!

P.S. Why not make it mindless...isn't that the secret..........less work, more pay?
                    Last edited by karenwms63; 10-07-2008, 01:59 AM. Reason: added P.S.
                    Karen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
                      I have to say that to have a site to equal the quality that Ramsey has established as a STANDARD would no doubt excell.

Comment

Working...
                      X