Defination of "publishing" please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defination of "publishing" please

I would like to know the defination of "publishing." Does it involve actually paying for the website to be on the internet or just kind of like using it as a way of previewing your website with all the hyperlinks. Also do I need to publish my website before I can preview it with all the links to the pages that I created? Help me please!

Re: Defination of "publishing" please

Publishing means to POST ON THE INTERNET in this instance. It involves PAYING for HOSTING and usually a DOMAIN NAME. In the case of Blue Voda.. YES YOU MUST HAVE HOSTING TO PUBLISH TO and that host must be VODA HOST.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Defination of "publishing" please

Assuming you have already purchased your domain name and hosting account through Voda Host:

1.)

Publishing: After creating your site offline via BlueVoda or another offline site builder you must publish it. Obviously no one can see or visit your site without it first being "entered" onto the World Wide Web (www.) Publishing consist of entering your username, password, selecting which folder to publish too (If it is your homepage be sure to name it "index" NOT homepage or startpage etc.) You should have received your username and password for publishing in an email shortly after purchasing your domain. Be sure to take note of what server to publish to and make sure your ID and Pass are entered correctly. After you publish your index page "homepage" you can enter it into your browser to check it out. i.e. www.yourdomain.com this will display your homepage. Any additional pages you publish will follow the same suit however will carry this link: www.yourdomin.com/firstpage Obviously these are examples.

2.)

No you DO NOT have to purchase hosting to PREVIEW what your site will look like. You DO have to purchase hosting to publish your website allowing others to see the site you have created.

-------If you have NOT already placed your order with Voda Host please email me BEFORE you do so and I will help you with the steps along the way, either by phone, email, or chat. I have built 3 sites already using Voda Host and can add you to my affiliate program which you can use to make additional money by referral to others. This is a free service and very simple to use.

Any other question just post and someone will answer to the best of their ability. OR you may email me personally at:

service@digitalizedmemories.com

Enjoy,
      Robert Campbell
      Digitalized Memories

Comment

Working...
      X