Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with home page with soholaunch

Hi,

I am new here and i have just installed soholaunch by using the one click instalation on fantastico. I did this last night and started to edit the text and add images etc to the home page and then realized this morning that i needed to upgrade the version i had, after doing this I now can't drag and drop or delete anything from the home home page and it won't save anything that i amend. The other pages are fine.
    I read somewhere that the FTP login information had to be set up. Not sure what password to use for this, i guess it is the passwords given to me by the host. I was surprized last night that after i did the 1 click instalation that the website was up and running straight away without using the FTP, but as i said i have little experience and have only been told that the ftp transfers your website from the site builder to the website address and i am not sure if that is correct. All i want to do is create a website with little fuss, any ideas on all the above.

thx

Re: problem with home page with soholaunch

It needs the ftp stuff so that when it updates it can connect and overwrite the files automatically for you...so you dont have to be doing it yourself.

And yes.. it is the MASTER user name and password ..the same as loggin in to cpanel

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thx for that, what do you think about the problems with the home page not being able to drag and drop and not being ableto save alterations. The other pages seem fine.

ta

Comment

Once you add the ftp info in the admin, update the site, and run the fix permissions you should be fine.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sorry about this, as i am a real novice, how do i do the last two things. update the website and run the fix permisions.

Thx for your help so far

Comment

In the admin/webmaster icon.. last tab is software. There you update it. Click the HELP button.. yellow with black question mark.. second tab is the IT tab. There you can run several diagnostics to fix your site.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X