Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General about Soho

Hi all,

I have built my site in BV and have tried to get around using a cart, however, with options etc, it is too hard to do, so resigned to using a cart and want to use Soho to keep the look of my current site exact.

I have been reading through all the threads here and am now a little more confused. I am happy with actually using Soho itself, but have a few questions. Think I know the answers, but want a bit of confirmation from those that know.

1. My domain is e-itstudy.com. Inside that, I have an add on which is gpcsystems.co.uk which is the site i am using currently. I want Soho as a backend for it. So, I can install Soho to (for example) gpcsystems.co.uk/Store ??? It doesnt have to be a new folder under directly under e-itstudy?

2. I can then use the current site I have, with all the links i already have, except, change the products pages and put them all in soho, then just change the links?

3. I have my BV site (layout) as i want it, will it be possible to make the general layout on Soho almost exactly the same? So it isnt 100% obvious that a customer has moved to a totally different site?

Any help would be hugely appreciated, before I embark on this. Quite excited about using it actually, but need to be certain I am generally correct.

Gaz.

Re: General about Soho

One more thing, do i need ssl cert and how do i go about getting one? Is it expensive?

Comment

Like many others, it looks simple to install on a new domain or on your orignal domain, but not so easy in just a new directory, so bit the bullet and ordered a new domain name to accomplish my aim.

So, just need to be pointed in the correct direction reference SSL Certs if anyone knows? Expensive?

Gaz.

Comment

If you use other than paypal, and want to take onsite credit cards.. then yes you will need ssl and dedicated ip.

Yes you can install soho in the second domain for your store... it cannot be a folder.. it has to be a domain or a subdomain.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen, I am using PAYPAL so that is ok.

I bought another domain name so that sorted the problem out, however, I really didnt like SOHO when I tried to use it, first impressions and all that.

I was hoping I could use the cart with almost exactly the same layout / theme as the rest of my site, but it wasnt easy getting to grips, even after watching the tutorials.

So I have installed Cubecart, and although I am not overly happy with that, it is ok.

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
          X