Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a Layer do?

Hi BVers,

I am wondering what a layer does, only because i'm not too satisfied with the way my web pages load (lots of little boxes all over the place until it's loaded properly)

Could layers improve this?

Thanks again for any pointers
    http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com

Re: What does a Layer do?

Are you using Firefox as your browser? Firefox loads pages in like that.

Comment

Layers are simply another image-type of element (usually created with a degree of transparancy, as seen in the main images here here here and here -- look what's over the slide shows), and have nothing to do with how a page loads or not. Matter of fact, they load faster than most images themselves, and how you would "replace" other elements with Layers is something I cannot find the logic in whatsoever.

If you have a multitude of objects on your web pages, they will all need to load according to 1) your connection speed; 2) your browser type, and the settings you have configured; 3) the order in which they were placed on your web page using Blue Voda (the last is first to load, and the first placed the last to load).

Beyond that, a more carefully composed question would be more helpful to provide a suggestion.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for your replies here guys.

Yes i am using firefox, i did not know that firefox loads all sites this way, thanks for pointing this out. I thought that a layer might be some kind of tool you could use to "blanket" over all the elements a site builder may have used in order to achieve more tidyness when a page loads.
        Maybe i should have found out what the purpose of a layer was before i asked anyone!

Thanks for educating me :)
        http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com

Comment

Rez I also hate that look of little boxes loading in - especially on sites I've designed to look 'beautiful'. But I've learned to live with it lol.

Make sure your site loads fast - less time with the firefox boxes ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            Layers are simply another image-type of element (usually created with a degree of transparancy, as seen in the main images here here here and here -- look what's over the slide shows), and have nothing to do with how a page loads or not. Matter of fact, they load faster than most images themselves, and how you would "replace" other elements with Layers is something I cannot find the logic in whatsoever.

If you have a multitude of objects on your web pages, they will all need to load according to 1) your connection speed; 2) your browser type, and the settings you have configured; 3) the order in which they were placed on your web page using Blue Voda (the last is first to load, and the first placed the last to load).

Beyond that, a more carefully composed question would be more helpful to provide a suggestion.
            Hi Vasili, I have checked out the links but fail to understand what role layers play in these pages or what benefits they provide.

Travlinman

AguycanBeach.com
            Aguycanbeachhostel
            Comunidad Aguycan Beach

A great must do for all beginners by Lincslady

Comment

This might help!
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project