Nameservers for .com, .net, .info and .org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nameservers for .com, .net, .info and .org

I bought a url that included the .net, .info and .org. I redirected as specified and that worked for the main address with .com, but when I went to Add the other extensions in my Addon Domains there was already a file for the .com url. Do I need to do something such as a Sub Domain for the .com. All of these are Addons to my Main account.

Eg.

wowtabards.com
    Addon Domain - joetheplumberforpres.com
    AOD - joetheplumberforpres.net
    AOD - joetheplumberforpres.info
    AOD - joetheplumberforpres.org
    So the question is: Do I need to make the .net, .info and .org Sub Domains of the JTPFP.com? I want all 4 to have the same pages within the site.

If you have a quick answer that will work or if you can point me in the direction of a tutorial that will explain, I'm good with that also.

Thank You,

JJ

Re: Nameservers for .com, .net, .info and .org

You want all the URL's to point to the .com? I think thats what you are asking?

If so.. you could login to your domain registrar and a do a park and point..its not always possible it depends on the admin panel

You could do it in cpanel by adding the (lol@joethe plumber) addons of info, net, org and then REPOINT or FORWARD those in the cpanel to the .com.

You dont need to do anything for the main one, which i take it is the .com one? Im guessing here.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, I think I get it. I have all 4 redirected to the VH Name Servers. Is that all I'll have to do? Just need to get them to the front page of the .com. The problem is in my Addon Domains there's already a file there for the .com and it won't let me add the .net etc.

I'm going to publish a marker page and see if it works. I'll report back later.

JJ

Comment

Just lost my whole post.

NO you do NOT redirect these to VH nameservers. And you don't make any of them to be sub or add-on domains.

You want to FORWARD the domains to the one that is published. You do this from where ever the domains are sitting. Go into the control panel for your domains, leave the nameservers at where they are sitting - and FORWARD each domain to the published one.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X