shipping cost for variable products in soho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping cost for variable products in soho

First of all, I have approx 500 different main products in which, for argument sake, I list with sh/h cost of $5.00. I also offer this main product in various sizes, thus the weight of the product differs. I need to know how I can set the s/h for each various item. Being I'm already working with 500 main products, I don't want to have to enter the various sizes separately. for example: Lets say I sale Blue 11 x 14 picture frames, I set the s/h at $5.00 for the frame this size. I also sale blue 3 x 4 picture frames. I list the large frame as my main product, the small frame is under the same charge but listed in the variable tab drop-down list. Being that there is considerable weight difference, how do I set the large item with the $5.00 s/h and the small on at $2.00? Thanks in advance. Rhon

Re: shipping cost for variable products in soho

When you set up your variable, set up a HIGHER price for the larger product, or a lower price for the smaller frame.. then the shipping wont matter.. if you follow me.

Alternately, you could go to flat rate shipping by Subtotal price rather than individual shipping... or.. you could also add one of the addon shipping modules found at www.addons.soholauch.com

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hello Karen, thanks for your quick response. can you give me an idea of how I set up the flat rate s/h cost? I like that idea. If I find that doesn't work, how would I be able to identify the add-on in the website address you gave me? I did check out that site, however, I wasn't completely sure which add-on I would need. thanks Rhonda

Comment

Shipping is set up in the shopping cart .. you can choose it by sku or flat rate by sub total .. take a peek there pretty self explanatory.

Addons would be for like ups or realtime shipping etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X