Help me with Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with Domain

I have a website, but it seems to always to publish onto public_html and then its up. I want it so that it ONLY goes to my domain www.wwalz.com not wwalz/index.html

Re: Help me with Domain

If you publish the 'index' and type in your url with or without the index.html it will work just fine. Right now it looks like your permissions are wrong and you get a 404 forbidden on there.

Everyone MUST have an index.html or index.php, the domain then resolves to show this page when typed in. When you link to it, dont include the index.html. You need to set your buttons for home, or main without it as well, other pages tho will require the pagename.html after the domain name.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

When I go to my cpanel and look at legacy files, I see nothing that roots to ONLY wwalz.com... Unless im not understanding what your talking about. I understand that when i publish it show "Public_html" and thats the folder it goes into and I know that if i change that, that it wont publish because theres no folder for it to go in. So I dont know what your talking about. I know that theres the 404 forbidden but I dont know anything about that. I dont understand that "If you publish the 'index' and type in your url with or without the index.html it will work just fine." I dont know where to type in my url when publishing because its based on folders.

Comment

ok, so your saying make a folder and make permisions set to 750? and what should i call this folder

Comment

I strongly suggest that you first view the Step by Step Visual tutorials for Beginners here and then the bluevoda video tutorials here.

You dont have to make any folders at this stage.

Just think of the public.html folder
          being your root directory
          where you PUBLISH your pages so that you can see them
          at http://www.wwalz.com

Now the very first page that you should publish should be saved, and published as

index

Without the
          index
          page any browser will NOT display your website..................
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

index.html or index.php

Everyone MUST have an index.html or index.php, the domain then resolves to show this page when typed in. When you link to it, dont include the index.html. You need to set your buttons for home, or main without it as well, other pages tho will require the pagename.html after the domain name.

Comment

Working...
            X