how to use blue voda on macs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to use blue voda on macs

Help!! this is driving me mad. I'm trying to open the blue voda website builder on a mac and am being asked to choose a default application. Which one do I choose?
    Thanks

Re: how to use blue voda on macs

Click the below for instruction on how to run BlueVoda on a ***** MAC system.

www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-general-issues/35590-bluevoda-mac.html
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Sorry! Seems it has either been accidentally pruned from the Forums, or purposefully due to an issue with BV10 compatibility. If the latter, it should also be removed from system resources (like the Knowledgebase and Support Areas), and if by accident, restored immediately.

Beegud2 offered a choice of software that made it a simple process, and some tips that made the whole thing easy to deal with, even earning General VodaHost's high praise!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hello Vasili!
        Regarding the "pruned" link you provided; is there any update on BlueVoda being compatible for Mac OS yet? I did a cursory search here and was unable to find anything other than a few threads expressing hopes about this event, as well as this thread, which of course has the info removed. Sorry if I missed anything. It is into the wee hours of night, here in Pattaya Thailand, and I am beginning to read my eyelids more than my screen. Kind Regards!

Comment

I just ordered a MACbook pro, will BV work on it?

Comment

Hi JCinNJ!
            I had ordered a Macbook Pro before, as well. I believe you still have enough time to dial back the order center and ask them to include Windows Parallels in your software.
            I am pretty sure they would do this for you. Mac support is without peer when it comes to accommodating the customer.
            That way, when you receive your computer, you will be able to open parallels and download the BV Builder and it will be just like you have a windows XP AND a Mac. Both are handy for preparing items to paste into your builder.
            This seems to be the only clear and reliable answer I have discovered, yet I am anxious to see what others may have to describe.
            Good luck, and p-mail me when you get your Mac. I have some really neat applications (.exe files) I can E-mail to you for use on your desktop for Windows and Mac (no charge, of course...LOL)
            Regards,
            John

Comment

Thanks John,

how does Parallels work? Will I be able to go from mac programs over to windows stuff without rebooting?

Jim

Comment

The way I understand it is that Parallels (or Bootcamp, or VMware) are like having a virtual computer on your MacBook. In other words, it's like having a window into another dimension, if you understand that metaphor.

There is no rebooting. I understand that your parallels should have a minimum of Service Pack 2 (SP2) on it, and the nice thing is that you get automatic updates.

There will of course be negative critiques and complaints about systems being negatively affected, but in my experiences, I have found that more often than not, these sort of issues are the direct cause of user negligence and not the Windows or Mac systems faults. Engineers from Windows and Mac are usually smarter than the 20% of people who screw up products that engineers have labored over and collaborated between each other. So, fear not...

Here is a great article + some more links that may answer your questions:

"Which is the better Windows Emulator? Well that depends..."
                A common question “switchers” have these days is whether to use Parallels, VMware Fusion, or Boot Camp on their Mac for Windows emulation? The answer seems to depend on what you want to…

Parallels Forums

Home Site
                Download Parallels to run Windows on Mac, Chrome, gain access to virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) with DaaS, & Toolbox to secure private files, & more.

Another good article... "Run Windows on Your Mac: Parallels is Like Having a Cmputer in Your Computer"

This should get you in the right direction.

At the end of the day, JVinNJ, I have found that taking a little extra time to get a comprehensive system and learn it through and through is much more practical than taking the shortcuts and jury-rigging systems. Taking shortcuts can create real complications down the road.

Mac can install this for you... (you will go to a dead link... just replace the 5 asterisks with "a-p-p-l-e" without quotation and hyphen marks) Note to moderator: I keep on getting that word replaced with asterisks. I certainly hope I am not violating anything. I checked the forum rules and there was not anything contrary to me doing this. Please accept my apologies if this is the case.

And don't worry... you can drag and drop between the two...

The following article for more contrast comparison (but remember that it is Parallels that you want to go with for using BV Builder)

And another thing... Windows has .exe files, and Mac has .dmg files. No worry! Just open them in their respective environments and click and drag them at will once they are out of their packages.

ANTIVIRUS! I would strictly go with Kaspersky. It is absolutely amazing and does not sound the alarm for items not really infected. It is compatible with Mac and Parallels, I believe. Also, Parallels comes with Kaspersky. Check with your Mac representative when you call to have it installed, and ask about coverage between the Mac and the virtual Windows on your Parallels.

If you are worried about downloading infected items, then you can get "Sandboxie", which is like a quarantine area on your hard drive that keeps items confined until you scan them and drag them into your true hard drive environment. You can also surf through Sandboxie. Great stuff.

OK. I am tired. Good luck in your research.

John

Comment

Working...
                X