Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't my "updated page" load onto web???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why won't my "updated page" load onto web???

I made some changes to www.clooneydesigns4u.com -- moved things around etc., saved under the SAME THING, then published ---- now it's still showing the OLD webpage, not the new and improved page?? What did I do wrong here?

Also, just incase, what I was doing was EXTENDING MY MAIN TEMPLATE page, the purple part - to the right so that maybe they would be more centered on the internet?? Then I moved my "orange buttons" to the LEFT side and some other things, I wish these pages would just automatically be CENTERED on the web, isn't there an easy way to assure that?? I'm new at this bluevoda so I'm not sure why they are all so squished to the left.

Thanks
    Katie

Re: Why won't my "updated page" load onto web???

You have a severe case of browser cache. LOL Just kidding, it's not severe at all. Click the following link, follow *****'s always excellent advice and you'll be in good shape.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/per...r-caching.html
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

oh, thanks for that!! haha - believe it or not, it didn't work. I actually went into tools/internet options and cleared all that out FIRST before posting here, and even had another person pull it up on THEIR puter and still same OLD page - not the new one I have saved as index ... any other answers as to why it's not publishing correctly??

Thanks guys !!!

and one more ANNOYING question, why does the web now UNDERLINE THINGS TWICE for you without your doing just to look TACKY on webpages?? I HATE that??!! Is there any way to bypass that happening? Like even in my POST here, it underlining "guys" so someone can click on that word to get linked to a dictionary telling you what the word means?? lol

Katie

Comment

Have you tried simply republishing? If you have and it still doesn't show, recheck and make sure you didn't accidentally slightly alter the page name when saving. (BTW, I missed this when I first read your initial post - in Page Properties in BlueVoda you have the option to enable pages to be centered in your user's browser.)

As far as words and so on being underlined, that has something to do with the browser you're using. Which one do you have?
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Is that option centering the whole page or just the items you"ve just added?.

Comment

Yep, I've republished about 7 times, and checked and rechecked that nothing at all was changed in the name during saving. Using IE - the newest version.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead
              Is that option centering the whole page or just the items you"ve just added?.
              It centers the entire page.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi there,
                I had the same problem one day and couldn't figure it out either. Turns out there was a duuplicate "index" and that was the original one that kept loading. I went to BlueFTP and deleted the index.html and then went back and reloaded the new page and everything worked fine. It's worth a try.
                Lorraine

Comment

Thanks Lorraine, let me try that - I've checked and that's the only index page i have, so I'm not sure that's it - I just can't figure this out for the life of me. Thank you again for your help ---
                  Katie

Comment

wow, this is really REALLY frustrating, if I can't even get THESE minor changes to publish and upload to the web, how do I even continue??? Does anyone have a way to check this or any other ideas? I've spent hours on this and nothing is making sense as to why this is happening??

Any help would be appreciated.

Katie

Comment

Katie, Open a support ticket and ask someone from Voda Host to take a look at this for you.
                      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X