X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 545 People (That Are To Blame)

545 PEOPLE
    By Charlie Reese
    Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don' t propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations.

The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ .

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and the y alone, are responsible.

They and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: 545 People (That Are To Blame)

Strong words indeed and if you just change the numbers and job descriptions he could be talking about ANY country.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

This so freakin true it's unreal. The people that founded this country are turning over in ther graves at least 50 times or more. It's the people like you and me we can't do a thing about it even when we vote does or voice realy count, I don't think so.
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

I am amazed at how "common sense" stings so (every time), and is simply something we muse about rather than do something about.

About whether the "common vote" really counts? Personally, the time is long overdue we get rid of the Electoral College and commit 100% to Popular Vote they way our Founding Fathers intended .... the Electoral College was instituted as a means of "qualifying" candidates back when everyone was a "newcomer" and we had to be sure we were on the same page.

If we can do that, then we can turn to remodelling the Stock Exchanges, which have pretty much outlived their practicality (as far as real business is concerned - IMO) and have demonstrated how they are corruptly dedicated to special interests and merely operate as a money game focused on making false income via transactions and leveraged points at investor's expense.
        I really don't care if it smells of So******m or not --- sometimes making accountability real means acting like someone really cares enough to lay down the Rules and stand tall enough to back them up!

Comment

Charlie makes a lot of (to many people, radical) sense.

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          About whether the "common vote" really counts? Personally, the time is long overdue we get rid of the Electoral College and commit 100% to Popular Vote they way our Founding Fathers intended .
          I agree completely.

And regarding so******m, too many marry the ideology in their minds with communism when in fact it spans the middle divide between it and capitalism: From each according to his ability to each according to his work. Capitalism is not perfect and neither is the USA. A 'more perfect union' is probably a marriage of capitalistic and so******tic principles.

Is universal health care so******tic? Yes. Are the citizens of the UK, Canada and Switzerland better off than their American counterparts for it?

Are wage caps so******tic? Yes. Should CEO's, corporate pirates and managers be allowed utterly outrageous saleries, perks and dividends at the same time corporate shareholders are losing their life savings? Greed, when not self managed, must be externally managed.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Originally posted by vasili View Post
            personally, The Time Is Long Overdue We Get Rid Of The Electoral College And Commit 100% To Popular Vote They Way Our Founding Fathers Intended ....
            Amen !
            Karen Williams
            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
              Amen !
              LOL
              Am I "preaching to the choir" again???

Comment

I agree. AMEN!
                When do you run for PresidentCharlie? I will vote for you! TRY NOW PLEASE!!!! None of these guys are worth my vote. But of course one will. Then again, this is a different subject.lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
                  Amen !
                  He Karen, I was born in Poplar Bluff, MO My father still lives their. Nice to meet you. classieladiee
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree whole heartedly!!!!! We have been hearing change for a couple of years, the last congressional election was all about change, and where did that get us. I think we just got another bunch of the same, and their pet priorities got the attention. Too bad the norm is that you have to have a law degree, or some major money to run for almost any office, that does not bode well for the common sense guy, or gal to get in and do some real good!!
                    There is some real smooth talking going on again, and buy those 545 people and the want-a-bees, what are we in for now????
                    This is just my Opinion, but I am really scared.
                    It almost feels like the country that our founding fathers left and faught to break away from, with the elite, the rich, and the rest of us..............
                    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Originally posted by classieladiee View Post
                      He Karen, I was born in Poplar Bluff, MO My father still lives their. Nice to meet you. classieladiee
                      Nice to meet you, also. LOL, but I am not a permanent resident here....I am being held hostage by the obligation of caring for my mother-in-law. My husband's people have been here since dirt was formed. Shook Mountain beside Lake Wappapello was their homestead. Small world, huh?
                      Karen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
                        Did you count the PUPPET, too? Ya know, what's the title?.......Oh YEAH......Vice President?

And as far as presidential candidates, aren't they from the group of 545? Senator McCain and Senator Obama? LOL
                        Karen Williams

Comment

Since you are counting (for one reason or another), did you notice this learned author put the figure at "300 million"???
                          *Had me thinking for half a day until I realized he purposely was simply counting Citizens, not total population (Resident Aliens, Student Visas, Illegal Aliens, etc.).

Kinda focuses the "blame" and galvanizes the call to "responsibility" don't you think? And it also suggests 'what' that this country should be doing for, and listening to the influences and agendas that are genuine and really American....Discussions like this brings back memories of bumper stickers I saw when the topic was Vietnam: "America For Americans" and "America: Love It Or Leave It"

Comment

And totally to MY point...one world=one country...Bob Marley...whoever...just understand that we can't survive the next Age, whether it be Ice Age or whatever, without a reversal of our beliefs. We must understand that to go forward, we must go as one...

Not as Americans, Spainards, English, Canadians, Islamic, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian,...but as HUMAN...afterall, y'all, GET A GRIP, this is Earth, we are human.

That is so totally the point, Vasili...less than a thousand head determine the future of millions and millions with their influence, but refuse to take responsibility.
                            Karen Williams

Comment

LOL! Well, at least I stirred a little bit of cognition with the thread.

So much to do, so little time .....

Comment

Working...
                              X