Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing username and password

Hello.
    How would I go about changing my username and password to something I can remember?I see where I can change password but the username is pretty rough to remember.
    Thanks.

Re: Changing username and password

you can change your password in Control panel
    Nyoman

Comment

Hi, Im trying to change my password as well but everytime i try to change it it says this:

Password Maintenance

There was an error manipulating the password file.

Can someone tell me what i"m doing wrong? the reason I want it changed is i was sharing CP with a member but he's no longer around so i need to make sure he wont change things around on me. Thanks for any help
      Axioma

www.ka-clan.com/

Comment

Ok I figured that one out I was using password instead of username (duh!)
        Now my question is....Can the person that had access to my CP panel before I changed username, can he request password to the BV and get it? even though I am the registered owner? I just realized what a huge mistake that was to share rights.

Thanks for any advice :)
        axioma

Comment

Originally posted by Axioma
          Ok I figured that one out I was using password instead of username (duh!)
          Now my question is....Can the person that had access to my CP panel before I changed username, can he request password to the BV and get it? even though I am the registered owner? I just realized what a huge mistake that was to share rights.

Thanks for any advice :)
          axioma
          No the other person cannot get that information. Only the registered member can request that info. Of course you should ensure that the person you are dealing with is trustworthy and is of good standing within our community before sharing that kind of information. Many newer members entrust this information to 'old hats' so that the more experienced of us can help them on their way, but care is the watchword.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Amanda...I appreciate that info and I'll be sure to be more careful...:)

Comment

Working...
            X