Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Charges

Hello,

I want to know if you can add more boxes to the shipping by amount area. I want the shipping to be more precise and the amount of boxes available is not enough. If not, could someone please tell me how to add a custom one so I can charge a certain percentage to the total order? I don't want to use the offline system, because I feel to many orders would be canceled if people had to wait for the shipping total and then submit the payment.

Thank you,
    Gretchen

Re: Shipping Charges

Gretchen..

you can set up a percentage of the subtotal or do a flat rate shipping table based on price. If you want more options, you will need to purchase and install one of the shipping addons found on the addons site at soholaunch. www.addons.soholaunch.com

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Karen. As, always, your advice and help is very appreciated.

Gretchen

Comment

Karen,

Could you please tell me how to configure shipping as a percentage? I see the subtotal, the offline, and the 2nd day but not by percentage. I didn't see that option in the shipping area of my back office or how to do it on the tutorial.

Thank you,
        Gretchen

Comment

Ok.. you make a flat rate table. Lets say you want to charge 10% so from 0 to 24.99 the price would be 2.50 ( 0 to 24.99 being the SUBTOTAL PRICE OF GOODS ORDERED)
          25.00 to 34.99 would be 4.00 and so on..

Not everything is done for you on the shipping end of soho..thats why there are developers making modules for that because it is lacking. But it would be just that easy to make a table and figure it out yourself. Obviously 10% isnt going to cover your shipping charges so youd have to figure it out from there probably closer to 20 or 25% to cover shipping charges.. but thats up to you how you do it. I find shipping the smaller orders more expensive to send so i add 3 bucks until they get over 50.00 . Most customers like the flat rate because they can see at a glance what it costs them to send.

One other way is to add shipping by item.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X