Im very new - Assistance Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im very new - Assistance Required

Hello i have my website Flashedcellphones.com, and I had it working before but now my links are going to the error 404 page.. How can i fix this I am saving my links as (contactus.html aboutus.html ect) The only link that works properly is the home link other than that nothing else works? Im setting my links on the home page as http://www.flashedcellphones.com/contactus.html ect but nothing is working please help i have a deadline to reach.?

Please Help since BlueVoda is not !! Error 404

Error 404 and customer service is not helping me ? :-\ Heres my problem....
    I have my website address www.flashedcellphones.com , now i set up my links and every time i click my links i get the error 404 ? They worked before im publishing my site to public_html. My links on the home page are set as http://www.flashedcellphones.com/aboutus.html ect. im saving the pages as aboutus.html and i tried saving the pages with out the html nothing is working. I have a deadline to meet and i have submitted 3 reports to bluevoda customer service no answers from them ?

Comment

Re: Please Help since BlueVoda is not !! Error 404

Well your mistake is saving the pages as.. aboutus.html. You should NOT be adding this extension when u save the page. Only when you make the links. You should be saving as. aboutus.bvp or just aboutus

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have already tried that i erased everything and re saved it as aboutus.bvd and i have tried to save it as just about us ... still hasn't worked

Comment

Rather than simply "Saving" the pages, are you sure you PUBLISHED it?

When you SAVE a page, you are only "saving" it to your computer, to your Blue Voda folders, and Blue Voda itself adds the proper extension automatically -- you do nothing there!
          1. You created the "About Us" page
          2. You "Saved" it in Blue Voda as "aboutus"
          3. You Published the page ("aboutus") to your VodaHost Server 74.86.118.25 just like you did your index page, right?

If you have been publishing them by using the PUBLISH icon within Blue Voda, and have gone through the Publish Login process, watched the status of uploading files to the server, and then gotten a "Suceessfully Published!" message, there is no reason why you should get a 404 Error - NONE.

Methinks you are either not publishing, or not publishing to the right server somehow .... it is impossible if the above steps were taken that no page presents.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

yes i am 100% sure i am publishing them . They worked before now they just dont work .... and other ideas?

Comment

I suggest you enter your Control Panel, find your public_html/ directory for this domain, delete all the variations of the aboutus page you created (using all the funky extensions), and once there is NO aboutus page, re-publish once again to remove any potential conflict between the pages that may have been present prior.

Sounds like you already have a Support Ticket in, so do this "simplification" processing while you wait for a response. You may need them to "restore from backup" and re-publish all pages once again as a precaution.

Personally, I still believe you are not publishing any pages ..... the server is functioning properly, the root directory is properly established, and yet there are NO pages to your website other than your index. Please re-read the difference between Saving and Publishing as posted above, and prove me wrong by Publishing one OTHER page, such as flashedcricket (even if it is a blank page with something on it like "SEE?" --- you can always replace it later with no harm...).

Comment

Re: 404 error

Your pages are php not html
                Change the extension on your links and you will be up and running.
                http://www.flashedcellphones.com/products.php works great.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Re: Blue Voda Is Not helping me i hope somebody else can Error 404..?

Originally posted by vinny View Post
                  Hello i have my website Flashedcellphones.com, and I had it working before but now my links are going to the error 404 page. I try to contact bluevoda and no response please help. How can i fix this I am saving my links as (contactus.html aboutus.html ect) The only link that works properly is the home link other than that nothing else works? Im setting my links on the home page as http://www.flashedcellphones.com/contactus.html ect but nothing is working please help i have a deadline to reach.?
                  Plese return to the original thread for a reply to your issue > > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...tml#post268051

Forum Rules prohibit creating multiple threads (you created 2) or multiple posts for the same issue.....

Comment

MERGED!
                    Carry ON!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

FUNNY!
                      Glad you got the hang of it, but I don't think it was as neccessary as all that effort, you think????

LOLOLOL

Comment

LOL.. I admin, update, install and manage another forum just like this one.. I already had the hang of it.. just sometimes im doing too many things at once and merge posts instead of threads. It only takes a couple of seconds once your find the posts. And of course reading the MERGE THREAD as opposed to MERGE POST..lol..

Vinny dont make me send you to the alter of mack smacks...quit making duplicate posts!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X