change of ip question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of ip question

hi, wonder if someone could help me out?
    i've had my website up and running for some time with an email account provided by bv through ms outlook which has worked fine but i've recently changed internet providers and it all gone a bit wrong, originally hoped i could just leave the email account details untouched but this didn't work, strangely it would send and receive some but then display an error message, tried putting the incoming and outgoing server details my new provider gave me but i get basically the same result it'll send and odd email but i get the same error message i.e "cannot connect to out going server" can only assume i've done something wrong somewhere along the line, any help would be much appreciated as i do a lot of my precontract work via email.
    thanks
    paul.

Re: change of ip problems

Probably need to change the sockets to ssl on the advanced tab. Contact your provider for details

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

what???

Comment

Well pop is your incoming server and smtp is your outgoing server .. so review the tutorial again for outlook .. sometimes just doing it all again can help ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by pbg View Post
          what???
          Your outgoing MAIL server is your isp most likely and since you changed you will have to change all of your info there...and most likely they require authentications on their ssl certificate. Contact your INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER for assistance.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

contacted isp who gave me details for in n outgoing mail etc but will only work with emails setup through them but not my bv address only way i can get all to work through outlook is by entering the voda24.voda24 in both in n out, it seems to be working fine but is it any detrement to use these settings?

Comment

Working...
            X