Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When published, the browser page is too wide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When published, the browser page is too wide?

Hi

Forgive my lack of knowledge as I am very knew to this.... but when I publich my web page there is a lot of space to the right of the images and text. Is there anything I can do about this? It seems to look different on different computer screens. I have 3 computers of varying sizes and it varies depending on which screen I am looking at.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Re: When published, the browser page is too wide?

Originally posted by becdem View Post
    Hi

Forgive my lack of knowledge as I am very knew to this.... but when I publich my web page there is a lot of space to the right of the images and text. Is there anything I can do about this? It seems to look different on different computer screens. I have 3 computers of varying sizes and it varies depending on which screen I am looking at.

Any help would be massively appreciated!
    Open up your page properties and click 'centre in browser' Then republish
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for that... but when I tried that I just get a large space to the left and to the right. And my banner at the top doesn't stretch out to the left. I hope that makes sense..... Is there any way of me making the page slimmer?

Thanks again....

Comment

Thanks for that... but when I tried that I just get a large space to the left and to the right. And my banner at the top doesn't stretch out to the left. I hope that makes sense..... Is there any way of me making the page slimmer?

Thanks again....
        Your site will look different on different size screens, there is nothing you can dfo about that. You can make your site to about 980 wide maximum, anything above that will incurr many people having to sidewards scroll.

Ensure your site is max of 980 wide, centre in browser and that's all you can do really.

Can we see your site??? what is the url?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for your help... URL is www.bonsamigos.org

Would be very interested in what you think!

Comment

One more thing... when I place it in the centre of the browser, the banner at the top doesn't stretch to the left hand side of the page? Is it possible to make this happen?

Thanks (again

Comment

Ok, you have something there which is making it have all that space on the right. Open up the page in BV and then press 'ctrl' and 'A' at the same time, scroll to the right of your builder and you should see maybe a higlighted blue box that shouldn't be there. Delete it

Comment

sorry, I can't see the blue box, although on my screen I can not scroll right over to the right of my page as it won't allow me to. Not sure why.... Any ideas?

Comment

sorry, I can't see the blue box, although on my screen I can not scroll right over to the right of my page as it won't allow me to. Not sure why.... Any ideas?
                  sorry i should have said. open page properties and change the width to about 2000. Then look again. But dont foget to put it back to the correct width after

Comment

oh dear... I'm sorry. I still can't see alight blue box anywhere.... I don't suppose it could be anything else?

Comment

oh dear... I'm sorry. I still can't see alight blue box anywhere.... I don't suppose it could be anything else?
                      Do you want to email me the page in question? (The BV file)

You can find my email address at the top of my site www.marinckygroup.co.uk, I'll have a look for you if you want.

Comment

Thanks so much... I will do. I will first have to work out how to save the page on my acount, then I think I can email it to you. As you've probably worked out... I'm very new to all this

Comment

Just go into 'my documents' then 'Blue Voda' then send me the file 'index'

Comment

Thanks so much Ramsey... problem solved!

Comment

You're Welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X