I need Navaldesign's help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Navaldesign's help please

Sorry to bother you again but I still can't seem to set my page properties correctly so that when viewed on a 19'or 17' monitor you don't have to move the browser horizontal toolbar back and forth to see the whole page.I have used the suggestions you gave me earlier,keeping all the page contents in bounds,clicking the center page in browser button,with all resolutions including 1280x1024 for my 19' monitor on another machine in the house to no avail.No matter what I do ,I still have to scroll horizontally to view the whole page.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shenders
    Thanks navaldesign.So with the numbers in my above post,is it telling me i'm way to big for the page.?I designing on 21 in monitor,that could be why it looks so different on other computers?.

Exactly, and i have the same problem to, using a 21" Philips. Standard size nowdays is 1024*768. However i made my site 800*600. A good tip is to center the pages
    Go to Page Properties. Click on "Center in Browser". Save and republish. Make sure your page is indeed 800 pixels wide. If it is more than that, even if you change it to 800, it will take as actuall number the real width of the page and might lead to a non correct centering
    correct me if I am wrong but after you already make a page say, in 1024x768,realise your mistake and you want to change it to 800x600 its too late?
    Also as a test I opened a new blank page ,set the properties first thing,stayed in bounds with content clicked the center button and I still have to scroll on any other machine of 5 in the house to view all the page.
    Should I be designing on a 17' monitor only,that shouldn't make a difference I believe.
    On the 21'I design on all looks perfectly fine until I publish.
    I've even used the procedure described here to add CSS to the pages and server,didn't work either.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/gen...e-browser.html

Navavdesign,walk me through the way you do it.
    Thanks Steve,

Also I have seen code before on the web,jajascript maybe that will adjust the browser automatically at the viewers end,maybe i'll look for that.
    Thanks again.
    www.stmarysproperties.com
    www.networkedaffiliates.com

Re: I need Navaldesign's help please

Please give me the URL to your page so i can have a look
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi.
      http://www.networkedaffiliates.com/
      Thanks a lot .
      www.stmarysproperties.com
      www.networkedaffiliates.com

Comment

Originally posted by shenders
        Hi,

in your source code i can see that the first page is 1024 pixels wide, it is centered and in my 17" monitor looks perfectly centered. Don't know in my 21"", that is in my office, but i think it will be ok there to. Your second and third pages are 1459 and 1208 pixels wide, so they can not center. My guess is that you corrected the width but you had some elements that exeeded the 1024 limit, so BV automatically memorized the actuall width and after deleting them the page limit remained at that width.

Please follow these steps:

Open the page, make sure you don't have any elements outside the 1024 limit, check the "center in browser" box and republish. Make sure to refresh your browser when testing. I'll have a look later also.

I also saw some odd empty text fields at the bottom of your page. I'll look at it again.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X