Enter Network Password Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter Network Password Box?

I recently switched over to Office 2007 and I'm getting a dialog box that keeps popping up
    The box title is Enter Network Password. It has the correct pop server already entered in. For some reason the user name is my email address now and password has to many didgets to be my password.

When I change the user name and password to what it is suppose to be I get an error report that the mail server rejected my logon

Is this something new because I moved to Outlook 07? or is there something else wrong?

BrownBeanMachines.com
    Client ID #18940
    www.SflaMarineRepair.com
    Have a Great day!

Re: Enter Network Password Box?

No, it is common issue when setting up Outlook (2003, 2007), and I've mentioned it countless times: Outlook needs to "resolve" itself by connecting hard at least once. Often, it is because it has not successfully 'registered' the account to itself via a Test message (not received a message, therefore does not recognize a process), or the Server is not properly connecting.

You may be required to delete and then re-establish the email alias on the 3) VH server, 2) in Outlook itself (this time by clicking More Settings > Connection and adjusting the timeout bar a bit to reset to 1min30sec), 1) or simply shutting down the computer and re-booting.
    Sorry about the reverse order of the suggestions....it's late! It's past 4am for you ... just getting home from the club? LOL
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Actually, I just finished reading three chapters on the difference between Technical writing and expository writing for a class I'm taking at University of Phoenix and thought I would check my Email. The clubbing days are over when someone says excuse me Gramps while squeezing through the crowd. LOL

Thank You for the prompt response and concise answer. I will take this info and work through it to get this resolved.
      www.SflaMarineRepair.com
      Have a Great day!

Comment

Actually Randall..

I think you might need to change your smtp settings to your isp logons.. i think that might the network to which its referring.

Keep us posted.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Seems it happens to me everytime I add another email address in Outlook, and it is just the one newly added that pop-up. I have over 27 email addresses in Outlook already, all but one of them on VH servers (meaning all configured the same except for the domain), and I have not yet figured out why Outlook does this ..... after doing the things above, it seems to stop once it finally "sees" the address as valid somehow.
          So ... the SMTP settings being the same, why then the single issue with "password verificaton" to the 'Network' -- another VH Server Logon protocol?
          Any thoughts?

Comment

Mine only does it to verify the isp logons the first go around. I think it has something to do with .... Ive never been able to bypass the isp and use mail direct from my site, well NOT in years anyway.. since they started tightening down the spam and hack filters. I think more and more isps are triggering it.. rather than outlook itself.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You might have a point here Karen,
              The message is:
              Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (pop3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)

This is the Error for all of the emails that I'm using in Outlook

Maybe a Comcast High speed Service issue?

It appears to clear the sending, but the receive is the error...
              www.SflaMarineRepair.com
              Have a Great day!

Comment

Do you have email service with them,? If so.. that would be your logins its asking for

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have Comcast for the home office, but broadband for my other setups (Verizon & Sprint, both unlimited ), and it happens to all of them whenever I set up a new account to poll from my sites. That is why after countless trials and errors, I found out the "method" I suggest above. It seems somehow important to fiddle with the connection timeout slidebar and then to set it about minute and a half ...... thing is, I cannot always 'afford' to delete and re-establish an email account on my domains, because they are active. Usuaslly, though, that proves to be the 'fix' (being careful to leave the email alias still set up in Outlook, so it can hook up to a 'fresh' server alias).

Comcast offers MacAfee to it's customers, which has got to be the bane of Security utilities out there: I had far too many ongoing issues with email and web surfing until I disabled it and moved everything to CA Internet Security Suite. Even the system-hungry Norton performs better than MacAfee/Comcast, IMO.

Comment

When Outlook connects for the first time, it might require username and password.

The username, IS the email address in question, and the password is the one you have setup for the specific email address in your VH webmail control panel.

If, for some reason, it fails to memorise these details, you might be required to enter the Outlook setup account wizard and reenter the details.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That's just it, General: apart from doing it over and over for either Outlook or on the VH server by deleting/re-creating the email account, there is no rhyme or reason for it to happen for some and not all, or sometimes and not all times.....it is a super PAIN to always be doing stuff over and over again without relief from those annoying dialogs that interrupt everything!

Which post was deleted, Karen? I came back in later just to see your suggestions I hope were waiting...... I saw your two and thought that was all???

Comment

I went to VH and changed the passwords and updated the account in the CP. This is now in sync with my Outlook settings. The dialog box has stopped popping up but the mail server cannot receive the mail. I've sent numerous emails from another pc and mail account.

After signing on, It finishes (send/receive) downloading my mail account, this is the error message for my mail results:
                        "Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (pop3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)"

Am I putting the cart before the horse here? I'll be calling Comcast tech assistance in a few min.
                        www.SflaMarineRepair.com
                        Have a Great day!

Comment

almost sounds like your profile in outlook has been corrupted... which is a common problem and a common reason for having to always put in passwords to. Microsoft has a rather detailed layout of how to create a new profile and then import the data from the old to the new if you want to try that. It can also be your firewall/virus software.. if you can send and recieve in outlook from other computers.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I only use Outlook on one of my computers. I was sending the messages from another email client.
                            I had to wait to long for Comcast Tech so I'll try tomorrow.

BTW
                            Everything was working great until I upgraded to 07.
                            www.SflaMarineRepair.com
                            Have a Great day!

Comment

... and you wonder why I have battled this on my lonesome so quietly for so long ....

Comment

Working...
                              X