preview flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preview flash

I have a question that might have been answered again but i cant figure out how am i going to make my flash (.swf) files show up in the preview mode?
    when i publish the site on my server it shows up fine but if i select "preview in browser" it appears only a blank white box...is there a way to view the flash without having to publish the page?

the flash file is a slideshow and it has an .xml and .html file also,which are all located in the same folder.

thanks in advance...

Re: cannot preview flash ...

Ok here is your problem with flash animation, Ddid you read the fine prints you need to install the flash play in your webpage, which cost money, don't try to use a flash web templet with out the flash player.

It never work.

Well im not yet on the vodohost servers yet but i think i found out how to make your own flash animashion on bluevode software

So I will get back to you on that project when im finish.

Comment

You cannot preview flash files
      As its working on your website....what is the problem ?¿
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Any Flash element can be Previewed if you have in fact first uploaded a copy of the .SWF file to the public_html/ directory of your VodaHost account.

* It is not showing it because it cannot "find" it ..... once you upload it, you will see it normally in Preview, allowing you to make adjustments to the layout or whatever you want: seeing it in Preview will let you know if you need to resize it, move it, speed it up (in Flash, and then upload a new .SWF file), etc.

In fact, if you link the .FLA file to it (from your local source, on your computer), you can Preview it without loading the server ... just remember to change the links out, back to the SWF file before publishing!

>> And to Buu above: don't waste your time --- you will not be able to duplicate Flash in Blue Voda.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I stand corrected, I was viewing one of my visual tutorials and I had placed my .swf file in a html box to resize it without losing clarity.
          AND it was the html box that I could not see in preview mode.

My apology for the mis-information and thanks to vasili for the correction.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Comment

LOL!

Such is our VodaTEAMWORK!

Comment

LOL..............long may it last.
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Comment

First of all thank you all for your instant answers

Originally posted by Vasili View Post

In fact, if you link the .FLA file to it (from your local source, on your computer), you can Preview it without loading the server ... just remember to change the links out, back to the SWF file before publishing!

But where is this .FLA file?when i create a flash slideshow in the folder that i store it there is only .xml .html and .swf files....

Comment

Re: preview flash

Sounds like you are not the one that is creating the Flash elements .... the .FLA file is created automatically when using Flash by Macromedia, and although many of the free editors allow you to create Flash (.fla) or Flash-like files in addition to the defaulted SWISHflash files (.swf), they do not always have the ability to create or convert (Save As) to FLA.

If this is the case, you are limited to the methods detailed above to Preview your pages and elements.

Comment

Working...
                  X